✘ 10

The car ride back was silent, an uncomfortable tension was born between the two soulmates

The car ride back was silent, an uncomfortable tension was born between the two soulmates. One was upset and the other was uncertain.

As they pulled into the driveway of the gang house, Renjun let out a loud sigh making everyone turn to look at him.

“Taeri and I are going inside, but you two will stay out here until you solve whatever this is.”, he said as he got out of the car, followed by a somewhat reluctant Taeri.

Haechan blinked, unsure of what he meant. He didn't think they really had anything to solve, but Hyein thought differently. Haechan stared out the window as Hyein sighed. “So,”, she started.

“You knew we were soulmates?”.

Haechan shifted uncomfortably in the driver's seat as he felt the nerves creep up onto him. “Y-yeah.”, he said.

Thinking back on it, he thought it was stupid of him to hide from their bond, but his insecurities got the best of him.

He twisted his body so he could face her as she looked at him with tear filled eyes, causing him to panic. “Hyein-”, “Why didn't you tell me...”.

Haechan sighed as he looked into her eyes, a sinking feeling taking place in his heart as he felt every single one of her emotions now that they were completely bonded. “I'm sorry...”.

“I don't need an apology, I need an explanation.”, she stated, her brows furrowing as she felt the tension rise.

Haechan turned back around to face the front as he ran his fingers through his hair. Hyein watched his every move, not able to think of a reason to ignore their bond. She was beyond upset, but he had to have a reason.

Or maybe he just doesn't want me.

Haechan furrowed his brows as he turned back around, staring at Hyein who lowered her head.

“It's not because I don't want you, Hyein. Don't think that, please..”, he said.

Hyein snapped her head up as her eyes widened. “How...”.

Haechan smiled softly as he brought his hand up to lightly brush the hair out of her eyes, their gazes never leaving each other's. “Telepathy, babe.”.

Her breath hitched at the nickname he gave her. She could feel it as the light blush crept onto her face. “But, that doesn't matter right now.”, he started.

“I didn't want you to feel disappointed with me, that's why I kept my distance for a couple days.”, he said as she furrowed her brows.

“Disappointed?”, she questioned as she pouted slightly.

Haechan frowned as he remembered some things he would rather forget.

“I've never really thought of having someone who could care for me and love me until now. Probably because I grew up not really receiving any sort of love..”, he began.