✘ 20

The van comes to an abrupt stop, alerting the members in the back that they've arrived at the gang house

Renjun and Jaemin jump out of the car, making their way to the back before slamming the sliding doors open, allowing the other members to quickly exit the car.

Jeno supports Mark by keeping a firm grip on his waist with Mark's arm draped over his shoulders. The two quickly, but carefully approach the front door of the house.

Renjun follows behind them and unlocks the door, pushing it open, but only to be bombarded by questions from two panicked and worried girls.

“What the fuck happened out there?!!”, Yumi screamed in Renjun's face, tears streaming down her own.

“Hyein collapsed and she's not waking up!!!”, Taeri said, her body shaking in fear. Renjun froze, an important detail crossing his mind. “Shit...”.

Pushing past the two girls, Renjun notices the older girl curled up on the couch, clutching her stomach in pain, as the younger girl was passed out on the carpet.

“Jeno! Get Mark to the living room!”, Renjun yelled out as Jeno did just that, followed by the two girls.

Mark groaned in pain as Jeno gently set him down on the couch beside his soulmate.

Yujin looks over at Mark who had his eyes shut in pain. She resisted the urge to cuddle up to him for comfort as Jeno came over to him with the medical supplies.

“Renjun, take Hyein to Haechan's room. I want to try something once Chenle's done with the surgery.”, Jeno said, gaining the shorter boy's attention.

He hesitantly nodded in agreement before carefully lifting Hyein off the ground. “Wait, why is Haechan getting surgery?!”, Yumi questioned.

“He got shot, and so did Mark.”, Jeno explained as their eyes widened.

Just then, the rest of the members came rushing into the house. Jaemin and Jisung cautiously carried Haechan into the living room as Chenle immediately ran over to Mark. “Alright, this is going to hurt, hyung.”, Chenle warned.

“Sorry, Noona...”, Chenle softly sighed as Yujin took a deep breathe, preparing herself for the pain as Chenle began to remove the bullet in Mark's side.

Mark grunted in pain as Yujin let out a loud screech. Jeno looked away, feeling uncomfortable and guilty for allowing Mark to get injured.

Taeri stared at Haechan's unconscious body, qulping down a lump in her throat. So many thoughts were going through her head. What if that was Renjun?

Renjun came back into the living room, immediately noticing his soulmate's distress. He frowned as he gently held onto her hand, startling her. “What's wrong?”, he asks.

“Just.... what if that was you?”, she said, grimacing at the thought. Renjun let out a sigh before pulling her into his embrace.

“But it isn't me. I can't promise it'll never be me, but right now it's not. My job is dangerous and I risk my life everyday. It's just how it is...”, he said, trying to reassure her.

“Just... just promise me you'll be careful in the future.”, she looked into his eyes, pleading him to agree.

He gave her a small smile before placing a gentle kiss on her forehead. “I'll try.”, he agreed.

Hyein's eyes fluttered open, her eyebrows creased in confusion as she looked around the familiar room that she did not remember passing out in.

Like a crashing wave, the pain returned and she let out a painful gasp followed by a loud groan. I feel like I'm dying..., she thought, struggling to sit herself up due to the immense amount of pain she was in.

Then, her mind went back to the cause of it as her eyes widened in remembrance. Hyuck!

She quickly scooted towards the edge of the bed, ignoring the pain as she stood up, her legs wobbling a little before she took small steps towards the door.

Before she could open it, however, the door swung open, revealing a surprised Jisung. “Noona!!!”, he said in relief as he tightly embraced his sister.

“Ji...”, she called out, melting in his embrace. “I'm so glad you're okay....”, she said, soaking up the comfort of his well-being. “I'm so sorry, Noona....”.

Hyein pulled away, looking at him, puzzled. “What do you mean?”.

“Haechan hyung... h-he took it for me... I'm sorry...”, he said in a mere whisper, apologizing to Hyein.

Hyein widened her eyes before pushing past Jisung, taking heavy steps towards the living room. “Hyuck?!”, she called out as the room came into view.

“Hyein! You're awake!”, Yumi cheered, making her way towards her friend, only to be held back by her soulmate.

Yumi furrowed her brows, but let it go as she saw Hyein drop to her knees in front of Haechan's unconscious body.

“What happened?!! Why isn't he awake?”, Hyein asked in distress, earning a sigh from Chenle who had just finished bandaging Mark's wounds.

“He got shot trying to protect Jisung. I had to perform emergency surgery on him on the way back. He most likely passed out due to shock.”, Chenle explained.

Hyein bit her bottom lip as tears began to brim her eyes. She gently grasped one of his hands as her thumb softly caressed the back of it.

Suddenly, a bright light shined on their intertwined hands, alarming everyone.

Mark and Chenle watched in amazement at what was now occurring. Jeno smiled and nodded, happy his theory had worked for once.

The others stared in confusion and slight panic, unsure of what was happening.

It all happened in a matter of seconds. His hand twitched and his brows furrowed before his eyes slowly opened.

He was welcomed by the sight of the blinding light that seemed to ease his pain. She was healing him, their bond was healing him.

“Their bond came with healing powers, that's very rare.”, Jeno said, gaining Hyein's attention. “Healing?”.

She was then startled by a tight grasp of her hand before she snapped her head towards her injured soulmate, her heart fluttering in relief. “Hyuck!”.

Haechan gave Hyein a small smile as he struggled to look her in the eyes due to the light.

“Thank god you're okay.”, she said softly, letting out a small sob as tears streamed down her cheeks.

“S-sorry, I guess... you're s-stuck with me now..”, he cracked a joke despite his excruciating pain.

Hyein shook her head and smiled, leaning forward to rest her forehead on his. “I wouldn't want it any other way..”.

❤