✘ 21

Time began to pass as day turned into night

Time began to pass as day turned into night. After receiving quite a scare a couple of hours ago, Yumi and Taeri eventually said their goodbyes, going home to rest.

After multiple checkups from Chenle, Mark was dismissed to his room and from emergency care as he was cleared. Haechan, however, was forced to be on bed rest.

“See?! I'm fine!”, Haechan whined as he walked a circle around the couch.

Chenle rolled his eyes, crossing his arms while completely unamused by his disobedience. “Listen to your doctor, you pest.”, he hissed in annoyance.

Haechan scoffed, rolling his eyes at the younger one's choice of words. “I don't want to!”, he continued, pouting his lips in frustration.

Hyein sighed, shaking her head at her soulmate's childish behavior. “Hyuck, he's right. You need to rest. I may have eased the pain, but without proper rest, it'll just come back.”, she said.

Haechan stopped, considering her words as Chenle nodded his head vigorously. “Exactly! Now go to your room!”, Chenle raised his voice, clearly done with the boy.

Haechan rolled his eyes once more before stomping towards his bedroom.

“Keep rolling your eyes, maybe you'll find something back there!”, Chenle shouted out, annoying Haechan.

“Oh, shut it! Cmon, babe!”, Hyein sighed at their antics before following her soulmate into his room.

“You're so stubborn.”, Hyein commented before she becomes slightly taken aback when Haechan pulls her towards him.

“And he's so bossy.”, he scoffed, snuggling his face into the crook of her neck, intaking her calming scent.

Hyein went to return his affection, but immediately pulled away as he hissed in pain.

“I'm so sorry, did I-”, she began to apologize, but was stopped by a soft kiss to her forehead. “I'm okay. It doesn't hurt that bad.”, he reassures.

Hyein didn't seem to believe him as he gave her a small smile before making his way towards the bathroom.

“I'm going to shower. Wait for me, hm?”, he asked, earning a small nod in return.

He flashed her one final smile before disappearing into the bathroom.

Hyein sat stiffly on the edge of the bed, her thoughts scrambling through her most recent life decisions.

My soulmate is apart of the mafia, and so is my brother, she thought.

A sigh escaped her lips as she digged even deeper, her nose scrunching in discomfort at the memories that had resurfaced.

Everyone in our lives had either left us or hurt us, there was no in between.

I hope they're different.