-'๑'- cнαρтɛя 4

ιν. נєѕтιηg

✧ ✦ ✧

'Now, where did I last see that book last time I was here?'

   Once again, you were back in the Akademiya and in your usual spot where you search, and your eyes scanned through the usual row. 

You were looking for that same book you tried getting in the first place before a certain someone decided to put it higher up so you wouldn't reach it -- being the reason why you never got a chance to read it, and also because you would feel bad if you asked someone for help.

"I don't see a reason as to why an adult should take interest in something they aren't even capable of even seeing." 

And while you were busy being distracted in trying to find the book, you almost jump out of your boots at someone's sudden voice. And surely enough, you could never forget that specific voice after the recent growing hatred towards them.

You turn around and surprise surprise, it was Alhaitham. He was sitting peacefully by a table behind you, his leg crossed over his other and facing the book in his hand. It seems as if he has been there for a while now.

"Goodness -- you scared me!" You said, placing a hand over your chest to calm your heart. "Can't you make yourself known before you talk to someone?"

You scoffed, turning back around and going back to what you were doing -- not in the mood to deal with someone like him. But unfortunately, he talks again.

" 'Some Aranara are prone to forgetting quite easily, though they can hand out flowers to ones they hold dear for when they meet again.' " Alhaitham reads the text out loud. "This really is close for children-levels. Why must someone be bothered to learn about such creatures who rarely people get to interact with -- some not even believing in these anymore." He says.

Your eyes widen and you turn around. How didn't realize it in the first place? This man was reading the book right in front of you while you searched around looking all foolish.

"So you had it this entire time while knowing I was looking for it?" You said, with a clear hint of irritation in your voice. But then you remember the past interactions you've had with him haven't gone so well, so you try your best to sound friendly.

"Can you. . . please hand it over? It's important for my, erm, research. . ." Just a white lie, he probably won't be able to tell anyways.

"No."

. . .

'Son of a. . .'

"B-But. . . I've been tailing it for a few days now, and I seem to recall the time when I did find it, a certain someone took it directly from me when I got to it first!" Archons, this guy just doesn't care.

"Well, can you not see that the book is clearly being occupied? You may have it when it's free. Besides, the book was sitting neatly on the shelf. You didn't get to it first." Alhaitham replies, not even bothered to look at you. Which, a good thing he wasn't, or else he would see how much you wanted to kill him right now, not that cares anyway.

"Just what is your problem?! Are you following me just to get on my nerves or something?"

That's right. You've definitely noticed how you keep "running" into him, and you're starting to get a bit suspicious that he's only doing it to ruin your day.

"May I just ask who allowed you to enter the Akademiya?" He ignores your question. "I seem to recall only students being allowed to search the library unless things have been updated without my knowledge." He said, still not even looking at you.