CHAPTER ONE

Everything was peaceful. Ever since Belly broke up with me, I've had a really complicated few weeks. Some days, I wake up happy and go surfing and study for my exams. Somedays, I wake up and cry about me and Belly. I just became a jerk to her. I can't believe I screwed it up.

That was, until July 2nd. The doorbell rang, and I was just expecting Laure, or Steven, to come by early to help me out, since only they know how I am coping with the breakup. Sleep, and working out.

I opened the door, much to my surprise there was a girl standing there. I don't remember her, but with the baby in her arms, that might explain it.

"Who are you?" I ask sleepily.

"I am Chloe and1 month ago I gave birth to this piece of crap. I didn't give her a name, but it's a girl, so you can decide. Bye now!" she says, running off to her car and taking off, with me just standing there, staring at this baby.

First thing I think is, 'What would my mom do?' Then I instinctively go up to her room to get her. Tears spill down my cheeks as I remember she is gone. I spent so much time with Steven and Conrad that I didn't get to spend time with her. Her last summer. That is an unforgetfull summer.

Then, I think, 'What would Belly do?'.

Belly would take her in and take care of her until the day she dies. That's what I plan on doing. In the bag that Chloe gave to me, there's her birth certificate, her bottles, and favorite toys in there. Just enough formula for her to get by the next week.

I look at the baby once and think, 'She needs my mom's name. Her laugh reminds me too much of her.' So, there's her middle name. So far, he has Susannah Fisher. He is just missing her first name. He goes on his phone and looks up baby names.

"Gem Susannah Fisher.....no." I scroll through names that I like until I find one. Natalie. Natalie Susannah Fisher.

I look at the baby and say, "Welcome home, Natalie Susannah Fisher."

I write down in my neatest handwriting, and a memory comes back of me and my mom.

I remember, my report card said I was doing terrible in my handwriting. My dad was pissed, but my mom decided to take action and help.

We spent 2 hours just writing and focusing on how neat it was. To this day, I always listen to her words;

"Take your time, some things just need time."

I realize, she didn't just mean with my handwriting. She also meant with life. I need to give Belly time to get comfy with Conrad before we can make amends again.

I brought Natalie upstairs, and figured, 'We have 2 extra rooms. One was Steven's, one was Belly's. Belly will be sharing with Conrad, so I will use Belly's room for Nat's. I like that nickname. Nat.'

Natalie starts to cry.

"No, no, no, don't cry. Daddy's here, Daddy's here." I said. Being a dad, I don't want to go down the same footsteps as my dad. He just sucks. I want to be like my mom, always there for her, always loving her and supporting her decisions.

I fed her something, and I realized that I am going to have to change diapers. I groan, because I hate diapers.

Here is a time where I need my mom, or Laure, or even Belly.

I need my family.