x

[Title has been changed sorry for any confusion]
———————

"Since Kindergarten"
Part ii
___________________

"So you two haven't spoken since yesterday," Tyler asked dumping yet another fry into his ketchup.

"No, and I refuse to be the first one to reach out. He fucked the grade up for me," you argued.

"That's your problem Yn. You don't always have to meet people where they are. Be the bigger person," he preached.

Tyler's statement made you roll your eyes. You hated how diplomatic he could get but, overall you knew it was true.

"I guess I'll say something when I get home," you sighed.

Once Tyler dropped you off your anxiety heightened anticipating the message or call you were about to make.

"Should I call or text," you said thinking aloud as you toyed with your phone case. Deciding to call you went to his contact and awaited for his answer.

"Hello," he answered smoothly.

You had seemed to form cotton mouth as you searched for a response, "U-um hey Na'jour, I was just seeing if you were free to work on the paper?"

"Tonight, yeah I'll slide send me your address," he instructed before hanging up. You did as told before chunking your phone on the bed and screaming into a pillow.

A few minutes had passed and in the midst of waiting you picked up your room a bit. Hearing a buzz your phone glowed with an "outside" text from Toosii.

Jogging down the steps you opened the front door seeing him draped in casual winter attire.

Shifting aside you opened the door further, "Come in."

He followed you upstairs and into your bedroom. "Yo room cool, I expected some super nerdy shit," he teased.

"What's nerdy shit," you asked.

"I dunno' some Harry Potter posters or something."

"For your information I am Ravenclaw through and through. I just took my posters down once I got a little older," you said taking a seat on your bed.

Making himself comfortable next to you he continued his scan around your room. "Where your people at," he asked.

"You sure do ask a lot of questions," you joked, "It's just my dad and I though he's always working late so I spend most of the time by myself."

He didn't respond instead creating a somewhat comforting silence. You heard Tyler's voice in the back of your head telling you to be the bigger person.

You decided to break the silence,
"I apologize for saying those things to you."

Looking deep into his chocolate orbs to show sincerity he sighed throwing his arms into a shrug, "It's cool nothing I ain't heard before. Not gone lie though it did hurt coming from you."

This made your eyebrows knit in confusion,
"From me, why?"

"I guess your crushes' opinion may hurt more than others," he replied.

Feeling more confused than sad you were silent. Never not once did you think you were his type and never not once did you think he paid attention to you.

You both were from two different worlds but, that's what attracted him to you so much. You were different and unapologetic about the things you loved.

"Wait you like me," you asked.

"Since kindergarten. Lil me thought you was cute as hell in them big bifocals," he joked causing you to laugh as well.

"Yeah them glasses was too big for my little face my Dad knew better," you said causing you both to causally laugh.

"Whole time everybody used to bully you about wearing em' shit...I just thought about how pretty they made your eyes look," he added.

Your cheeks heated up. Looking down you started to nervously toy with your jeans like you'd done before.

"You don't gotta be nervous Yn it's just me and look me in my eyes when I say this," he demanded using his finger to guide your face to his.

Staring at each other he moved in closer brushing his lips softly against yours.

THE END