☾⭑✧eighteen✧⭑☽

☾✧⭑✧☽

We were under attack by the same hoverboarding clones that we'd been looking for and I would finally be able to face them after a while, of course with the annoying Miguel by my side. The whole place had turned red warning the people in the building of the oncoming danger and noise from the speakers warned everyone.

It reminded me too much of the last time this happened. But I had to remind myself that this time I had someone beside me and this time I didn't have much to lose. 

We start moving closer to where all the noise and destruction is coming from. Slowly we peak over and already it looks like a mess. There is fire and multiple explosions from the blasts being shot out from the clone's mechanical tentacles. Most of the people are out but a few are stuck. 

"I'll go get them out and you attack," I say in a whispered tone as I crawl even closer to the scene. He nods and starts heading toward the clones. I head towards the few people stuck under pieces of the building.

As soon as I hear the whip of Miguel's webs and the sound of a blast I head towards the people quickly lifting off the structures and moving them into a safe place. I gesture for them to go down a hallway that's currently empty. "If you see the clones head into one of the rooms and try to look for the guards, I'm sure one of them can help you." They nodded and I took a glance at Miguel as he was being attacked by several clones, "And if that doesn't work just scream, I'll find you." Hopefully.

Then they ran.

I turned back and headed towards Miguel and it all came back to me. This is where it started. This is where she was killed. The same two sentences ran through my head as I just took in everything. It wasn't until I heard a sudden thud and saw that Miguel was slammed into the wall trying to fight off a mechanical arm. 

He was trying to pry away from his claws while also trying to reach for my head. I quickly swung and hit the clone in the head with a kick that send him flying the other way. He crashed into the wall unconscious. I webbed him up quickly and then put him in a cell.

Miguel stood up with his hand on his sides as he took deep breaths, his breath slightly hitching. He was hurt. If Miguel Ohara was hurt, well that means this shit is real. His breath was rugged and he was practically limping, by the looks of it he was punctured in his side. 

A part of his suit was broken slightly showing his side. "They've gotten stronger," I said examining Miguel a bit more. He nodded slowly. All the clones in this area were taken out and it was a big mess.

"We can take this clone back home, maybe get some info on them that might help in taking them down." As soon as I said that it felt like time stopped. I sensed it and before I could act I was taken into the air, yet again.

I grunted and grabbed onto the hoverboard as the clone tried to knock me off. As soon as I got enough balance I flipped off dragging the hoverboard with me using my webs. It slammed into the ground.

I quickly looked around for Miguel and found no sight of him. Shit. The coast was clear but I still sensed them. I then looked around the empty halls looking for any sign. Everything was so quiet and peaceful. 

I swung around until I heard some noise. I ran into the room and there Miguel Ohara was fighting for his life. He looked like a mess, trying to take down only three clones. I jumped in and tried to save him. I was able to take down only two clones and the other one was not ready to go down.

We crawled around the room trying to hit him with everything we got but he either dodged or blasted us away. That's until he spotted a pillar Miguel was beside and blasted it. No. No. I left the clone to go after Miguel but it was too late.

Dust entered the air as the pillar snapped in half. I yelled as I went into the clouds of white looking for any sign of life. It felt like time stopped. I wanted so badly to call for help but I needed to make sure that he was safe first. 

I pulled up the pillar and a couple few pieces of the roof to find Miguel under it. His eyes were closed. "No, no, no wake-up." Please don't let this happen again. I slapped his arm. He stayed still and I continued to panic. My breath seemed to get heavier as I tried to shake him awake. My hands shook as I felt incoming tears.

"Wake the fuck up." I slapped his face as hard as I could, hoping, praying, that he would at least open his eyes, and thankfully he did. He gave me a lazy smile and closed his eyes again. "Im awake." 

I sighed in relief and returned the smile. My stomach slightly jumped as he looked at me. "You owe me for this."

"Yes, whatever you need just get me the hell out of here." I laughed but it was more of a nervous shaky laughter as I attempted to pull Miguel up, of course, it was a struggle. Considering the fact he was 6'9 and I was only 5'9 and had less muscle than him.

After a while, I was able to transport Miguel back safely to the HQ and I went back to finish off the clones. I was able to finish a few off before they retreated to wherever they came from and the rest was handled by the guards. 

After that, I took the clone I trapped back into the HQ making sure to tell Margo to keep him until I interrogated him or at last Miguel. 

But of course, I still couldn't get my mind off of what happened. I almost lost Miguel, the Miguel Ohara. Usually, I wouldn't care if Miguel got hurt but this time was different and as much as I tried to use the excuse that it was a normal reaction. I knew it wasn't.

But I guess it was the fact I would've lost him nearly the same way I lost Max. Maybe I didn't want to experience that type of pain again. I mean it was my fault he even came. He was looking for me only because I didn't do what I was expected to do and it kind of made me feel guilty.

And because of my guilt, I was the one who find myself in the position of wrapping his wounds. It took him a while to agree but he finally budged. For the first time, I interacted with Miguel without insulting him which was pretty nice.

"You do care about me?" He said as I finished wrapping up his wounds. 

I gave him a look and rolled my eyes yes "Don't get ahead of yourself." Nevermind.

_________________

thanks for reading.