☾⭑✧twenty-nine✧⭑☽

slight angst

☾✧⭑✧☽

It's been two days since and right now I'm spending my time in front of my mirror figuring how I'm going to hide my fangs. Today we're having a very important family dinner for the holidays. I don't want my baby cousins to spread rumours with their big mouths.

I'm wearing a beautiful white dress that is very flowy with embroidery. It's simple but very beautiful and it looks amazing on my skin. I dance around with it in front of the huge mirror admiring my looks and flashing some smiles still admiring my fangs. I look so good, and I feel good.

Everything seems to be going great and it's been a long time since I've felt this good before. I just hope it stays this way throughout the family reunion.

I dab some floral perfume and I walk out right before the chaos starts.

☾✧⭑✧☽

(1 week after)

Miguels POV

I think she's mad at me. I don't know what I did wrong but for some reason, she won't answer me. We were supposed to have a mission together today but she didn't come at all. When I went to her place she wasn't anywhere to be found. I did go into her room, I remember smelling her scent but she wasn't there.

I looked across the whole city, in every place she had ever shown me and I wasn't able to find her. I knew she was alive though because she notified Jessica that she won't be here this week, right as soon as I finished my mission. She didn't even ask me, which was very odd.

So I had to do something to upset her, and it's killing me inside. I've called her about 50 times now, and she hasn't picked up once. For one whole week. I thought we hit it off, but I don't know.

It's not like I can ask anyone where she is because they'll just suspect us even more. I've been very busy lately with a lot of meetings. I'm sitting in one right now, looking at my watch every second waiting for anything, nothing pops up. With each passing second my heart seems to beat faster and I begin to block myself out of the conversation.

My legs are tapping against the floor as I look at the watch for the 45th time. The anxiety and worry is building up inside of me. It's been one week, one fucking week. I keep running through my memories trying to think of a situation that could've caused this.

Maybe I said something wrong or I came off as too sarcastic. Fuck, I do tend to do that sometimes. Maybe I'm too harsh, I should work on that. I should apologize, but what should I say? Do I even know if this is the real reason she hates me? But I can't say "Whatever I sai-"

"Miguel?" Jessica's voice repeats once more and I snap back to reality and let out a nervous cough.

"Yes?" I answer and Jessica looks at me a little concerned. I notice that everyone has been waiting for me to speak.

"Did you hear what I said?"

"Sorry, I didn't can you repeat that?" She continues and tells me about some plans and who should go where. I approve of her plans trying to take my mind off of Nyx, even though she plagues me.

I need her so bad.

One week and I already feel like I might die. It's been a week since I've breathed in her scent, since I've tasted her, since I've touched her. I've only had a taste of her and now I feel as if I'm addicted. If she's upset at me, I don't think I could ever forgive myself and it scares me. It scares me knowing how much I've already fallen for her.

☾✧⭑✧☽

POV Nyx

I feel heartbroken. I should get out of my room but I have no energy too. I thought things were getting better, but I've not fully healed. I'm still so cut up about everything. My past just seems to always find its way to ruin me.

The dinner went so well then I saw him. The man who humiliated me. He stood there with that stupid smile on his face and I wanted to punch him so bad. The worst part about it was that I had to sit beside him. He knew that I hated him because he kept taunting me.

I had to keep my composure because I knew that if I acted out, I would be seen as the problem and he would win.

I thought that being with Miguel would help me with my trauma, but that's not the case. I clearly have to deal with my past if I ever want to get over it. I can't rely on him, it's something I have to do. I don't think I'm ready to do it though

I know that I should though, because I can't keep acting like this. I can't keep retreating to my room, I can't keep crying over a man that I keep saying I'm over. I can't keep blaming myself for her death. It's going to kill me inside as if it hasn't already.

Maybe that's the reason why I've been avoiding him, but honestly, I don't even think I have the strength to call him right now. I've been sitting in bed all week, I've barely eaten, and I'm a complete mess. I want to call him and tell him everything, but is he even ready for it? I'm I ready to tell him?

Everything was going so fucking well, everything...

☾✧⭑✧☽

As soon as the meeting ends I dash out and head to her place using the watch. This is my 15th time doing it this week but I don't care. I need to try at every chance I get. I need to see her and at least understand what I've done wrong. Even if I don't get to hold her, I just want to see her face.

I hate feeling this way.

I land in her room and she is not there yet again, but this time I notice her bed is a mess. It's evidence that she was here. I walk around her room for a while and I notice light coming out of her bathroom door. Shit. She's here.

I stand still not knowing what to do once I hear the door start to open. She walks out and I honestly am very shocked. She looks sick to her stomach, her hair is a mess, and her eyes are bloodshot. She spots me and she pauses for a second.

"Miguel?" Her voice breaks down and she runs to hug me. 

I return the gesture surprised that she even wants to hug me. I had come here preparing to beg her for forgiveness for whatever I had done but instead, she was holding me so tight. I breathed in her scent as I wrapped my arms around her and just held her as she cried. 

______________________

thank you for reading <333