Prologue 5: Lewis (Linkara)

"And now to wait." Lewis leaned back in his chair. He had just ordered the next comic that he wanted to review off of Amazon and it wouldn't arrive until tomorrow. "What should I do in the meantime," he muttered to himself. He hadn't had time to just do whatever he wanted in a long time. Longer than he could recall at the moment.

"You know what, fuck it. I'm going to catch up on some reading." He grabbed a comic book from his shelf at random and flipped it open to start reading it when the doorbell rang. Grunting in annoyance, he got up from his chair and walked over to the door. "It's weird. I'm not expecting anyone," Lewis thought to himself as he went to open the door.

Standing outside was a man in a dark gray hoodie that obscured his face and blue jeans. "Can I help you," Lewis asked the man after staring at him for a good ten seconds. "I have a proposition for you," the man replied. "Look, unless you're a girl scout bringing me thin mints, you can fuck off for all I care," Lewis said as he slammed the door shut. "Damn Jehovah's Witnesses."

As he stepped back into his room, however, he heard a loud slamming noise and rushed back into where the front door was to see that the man had used his body as a battering ram to get into the house. "I tried to do this the easy way, but you give me no choice. I guess I'll have to detain you by force. Prepare to-." The man was cut off when a knife got stabbed into his jugular by Lewis. "I don't know if you're trying to get me to trade my soul for my non-existent marriage or what, but you need to get out of my house this instant," Lewis said calmly.

The man said nothing in response, but rather grabbed the handle of the knife that was still lodged in his throat and pulled it out, revealing no wound. Taken aback by this, Lewis lost his balance and fell down. Scrambling backwards, he tried to escape the man who was now slowly walking towards him wielding the knife that he had just pulled been attacked with.

In one swift motion, the man leapt forward, pinned Lewis to the ground, and held the knife to his throat. "I should kill you now, but lucky for you, I have orders saying otherwise," the man states plainly. Lewis' eyes widened as he saw the man pull a butcher's cleaver from his hoodie pocket. "My orders are to bring you back alive. However, that doesn't mean I can't take a little bit of time to remove some of your appendages."

The man splayed out Lewis's fingers, lifting the cleaver over his hand, ready to chop of his thumb, when he heard a popping noise and saw a dart in the man's shoulder. "Stand down. You were given no orders to mutilate the body," a man in a black suit coat and black pinstripe pants said to the man who had just slumped over from some kind of tranquilizer.

"Oh my God, thank you so much," Lewis exclaimed, "you saved my life!" The apparent savior just smirked and pointed the tranquilizer gun at Lewis. "Don't thank me just yet," the man said as he shot a dart into Lewis' arm, causing him to fall over seconds after. The man then walked over to Lewis, injected him with an oddly-colored solution, and pulled out a walkie talkie. "Target neutralized. Ready for recruitment."

__________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the long wait on this one, guys. My life has just been hectic recently with getting my first dog, starting college summer classes, and trying to spend time with friends and family alongside that. I'm going to be obsessively watching the E3 Conference this next week, so I'll write when I can, but I probably won't be able to post the next prologue (I think it's Johnny. I'm too lazy to look XD) until around June 23 or so. Also, if you guys have any feedback, whether positive or negative, on the story, please let me know because I want to make this a great story that is amazing to read. Finally, thank you guys soooooooo much for over 50 views on this story! It means so much to me that you care enough to read what I write. Anyways, have an excellent day and God bless! :)