Chapter Thirty Eight: The Best Day Ever

After a few days, Cedrica was ready to move to Asgard with Scarlett. Maddie didn't want her to go but she had to let her go. As long as she knows she loves her and she got that off her chest. But Cedrica was still blind to the danger and sadness she'll be experiencing in the years to come. Scarlett was getting the last of Cedrica's things in the hot air balloon they arrived in the first time while Cedrica spent the last few minutes with her family.

"Do you have to go?" Sophus asked.

"I do, Sophus. I have to be with my wife and help her rule her kingdom. But I'll visit when I can, I promise," Cedrica said smiling.

"You're welcome home whenever you want," Rose said.

"But I want you to stay. This place won't be the same without you. And what about Maddie? She'll miss you more than anything," Sophus said

"Maddie always has you. You're her best friend too, remember and you are her brother?" Cedrica said.

Sophus nodded.

"How long do we have until she leaves?" Adrien asked Betty

"Six minutes," Betty said.

"Then let's make it the best six minutes ever," Cedrica said staying positive, 'Just six more minutes left. We've done all we could do and whatever happens next I'm glad I'm here with you. Mister Sun came up and he smiled at me. Said, "It's gonna be the best day, just wait and see." Royal Wedding caught us unaware but we're still here and Mister Sun's up there. Could be the best day ever.'

'Best day ever,' Sophus said

'It still could be the best day ever!'

'Best day ever,' Adrien, Sophus, and Johanna said

'I'm so lucky, got nothing to do. I could spend five minutes just bein' with you. Every flower, every grain of sand is reaching out to shake my hand...'

'It's the best day ever,' everyone said

Everyone repeated that as Cedrica danced around. Maddie wasn't joining in because she knew this wasn't the best day ever. This was the worst day ever but she didn't say anything

'These past two days the world's been closing in on me but when I'm feeling down, I can lose that frown. Just stick my head out the window and look around. Asgard doesn't scare me, it can't disguise this magic that's happening right before my eyes. Whatever comes there's just one thing to do; Make the best day ever with all of you. Today's the best day ever with all of you now,' Cedrica danced and pointed to Maddie

Maddie was reluctant but sang to make Cedrica happy, 'It's the best day ever!'

They started repeating that again and all danced around. At the end of it, they formed a circle and held hands. Scarlett came in and told Cedrica it was time to go

"This is it, everyone," Cedrica said

Cedrica shared hugs with everyone before getting in the hot air balloon to go to Asgard.

'It's the best day ever.'

'Best day ever.'

'It's the best day ever.'

'Best day ever.'

"Five. Four. Three. Two..."

And Cedrica disappeared into the clouds. Maddie left to his tower, sad that Cedrica was gone. It was just like her vision on the day Cedrica tried to take over the kingdom. Cedrica had gone with a different woman. And she said to herself that she wouldn't let this happen. But it happened anyway. Cedrica and Scarlett were made Queens of Asgard a week after the wedding and they were great rulers but Cedrica had to learn the rules all over again.

No magic, the 2nd queen doesn't help the 1st queen with her work, the 2nd Queen has no opinion on anything and overall, the 2nd queen hardly does anything. She didn't remember Rose going through any of this. Or does Asgard just work differently? She didn't ask. But she noticed that Scarlett wasn't as affectionate as she was before they married.

Cedrica did ask about that and Scarlett just said that she's been busy lately and is too stressed to give her affection at the moment. Cedrica just left her alone. Meanwhile, back in Enchancia, Madisyn was still trying to get close to Maddie. But Maddie had no interest in her. Only Cedrica caught her interest. She gets a letter from her every day but she still missed her.

"Look, Madisyn, I don't want to talk right now. I'm not in the mood. Don't you have parents to visit or something?" Maddie asked

"My mom abandoned me and my dad died," Madisyn said.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to bring up anything bad."

"It's fine. But I like to think he's watching and listening."

"Anything you want to say to him? I don't mind."

Madisyn did have something to rant about and that's about Scarlett. Madisyn only decided to say it in front of Maddie because she wants to give her hints about what her cousin is really like.

'Hey dad, dead dad I need a little help here. I'm probably talking to myself here but dead dad, I gotta ask: Are you really in the ground? 'Cause I feel you all around me. Are you here, dead dad? Dead dad. Dead dad, I'm tired of trying to iron out my creases. I'm a bunch of broken pieces. It was you who made me whole. Every day Scarlett's staring at me like all, "Hurry up, get happy. Move along. Forget about your dad!"'

''Cause Scarly's in denial, Scarly doesn't wanna feel. She wants me to smile and clap like a performing seal. Ignored it for a while but Scarly's lost her mind for real. You won't believe the mess that we've become. You're my home, my destination and I'm your clone. Your strange creation. You held my hand and life came easy. Now jokes don't land and no one sees me. Nothing seems to fit. Dada, is this it? Are you receiving? I want something to believe in or I'm done!'

'Take me where my soul can run or I'll be in my bedroom, wake me when I'm twenty-one! Scarly's moving forward, Scarly didn't lose a dad! Dada, won't you send a sign? I'm running out of hope and time. A plague of mice, a lightning strike, or drop a nuclear bomb. No more playing Scarly's game. I'll go insane if things don't change. Whatever it takes to make her say your name! Dead dad!'