Twisted Wonderland

I'm including Twisted Wonderland in Fathoms Below, but Ursula is still the main villain. She just became a villain after being a heroic character and was booted from the great seven. On that note, I think some of the writing regarding the characters in Twisted Wonderland focused on the wrong things and that some of the cultural things they do that are allegedly part of the cultures in Japan and the East don't always translate to the West and The USA smoothly. It also doesn't make sense to have characters who aren't from the East do those things, but that does not mean we should omit them altogether, the prime example being Vil and Epel regarding his accent from the Southern USA and mannerisms. I got this from various users on Tumblr, so I took it with a grain of salt, but I plan on researching more about what I found on Social Media. The link in the chapter has more information. It directs to the Tumblr post in question regarding Vil and Epel. Today, I wanted to focus more on Vil's overblot and how it isn't about the fact that he's mad that he's typecast but that his trauma is still valid, the fandom tends to misunderstand him, and that his overblot flashback did not make that 100% clear. 

His overblot happened because he was forced to be perfect, constantly told that he had to be number one by the same people who cut him down to second place, believing he was nothing without his fame, looks, or career. Vil was backed into a corner because the entertainment industry changes constantly, and Neige unknowingly threatens Vil's career as an actor and model. That doesn't mean we should excuse Vil's attempted murder of Neige, but we shouldn't invalidate Vil's trauma.