Trouble in Paradise

Hey there everyone. Hope you are all doing good, and here is the next chapter.  Happy Reading (:

BAKUGO'S POV

I have been at Shitty Hair's house for fifteen minutes. Almost all the kids are here, and we are waiting on Icy Hot and Deku. I sat on the couch while the redhead idiot answered the door. I muted the TV because the news just came on, and we tried not to let the kids hear that stuff. Mini-nerd walked in smiling. "Kiriyma, I help Daddy drive." He gave Deku a confused look.

"He has a play steering wheel," he explained. "He turns it when I turn corners. It's kinda cute." Mega-nerd rambled out. This made me want to smile, but I couldn't let anyone see that.

Deku took a few more steps in the room and turned to put Daiki's bag down as he explained, "Kirishima, his Red Riot blanket, and his Dynamight pillow are in here. He will not sleep without them. I also put his favorite book in here and his toothbrush. Along with the clothes he'll need for the night." Shitty Hair just smiled and nodded back at him. "Thanks again, guys. I appreciate it. His mom had something come up last minute, and I am running late. I am sorry about the last-minute notice."

Shitty Hair threw his arm around Deku's neck with his stupid toothy grin. "It's fine, Midoriya. That is what this Babysitting pool is for. Don't worry, man. It's all good."

The nerd seemed to freeze suddenly as his face flashed across the screen of the TV and then what looked like his wife leaving the Hero Appreciation Party with someone other than him. He called for Mini-Nerd. "Daiki, look at Daddy. There's something scary on the TV. Don't worry, though. Someone will change it soon." His eyes widened as the words 'Trouble in Paradise' appeared under the pictures.

I still had the remote in my hand, so I quickly changed the channel and said, "All clear, Mini-Nerd, you can look now." I eyed Mega-Nerd.

He only smiled softly at me. "Thanks, Kacchan." He sighed as he closed his eyes. His phone rang no sooner than the words were out of his mouth. Shitty Hair and I passed a look at each other.

Mini-Nerd looked up at his dad as he went to answer his phone. "Daddy, it Mommy?"

Green eyes looked down at his tiny twin. "I bet it is, Buddy." Putting the phone to his ear. "Hello?" He gripped his phone tight. "Where are you? I have work. No, he's fine. Kirishima and Kacchan are babysitting." This is the most pissed-off I have ever seen this nerd in my life. "No, I already dropped him off, and I'm running late. Besides, they did a great job the last time I needed them. Hold on." This shit ass extra better not be questioning my babysitting skills. I will have her know I am the number one babysitter.

Deku turned to Daiki and got down to his level. "Now, you be good, okay? Don't give Kirishima and Kacchan any trouble. I'll be back before you know it. Love you." Standing back up, he said into his phone, "We'll talk about this when I get in the car." Then he waved at us as he headed for the door. "Later, guys, and thanks again."

After we sent Mini-Nerd to play with the rest of the kids, Shitty Hair turned to me. "What the hell do you think that was about?"

I looked at him. Tch "I don't know, and I don't care. As long as Mini-Nerd is good, I don't care. He is just a kid." Clicking my tongue and adding, "Deku got himself into that mess. He can get himself out." I know someone is going through a lot worse, and now my mind drifted to Camposing. "I will say that I could tell something was off with that nerd at the party."

Two hours after Deku left, there was a loud knock. Shitty Hair opened the door. As I replied to Camposing, he had been messaging me for the last hour. He was having a slow night at work. "Hey, Todoroki. Sero called earlier and said you would be running late, some kind of car trouble."