Getting to Know Them

Merry Christmas to all of you, it is Dec. 25th here in my neck of the woods. I hope everyone of you have or had a wonderful Christmas. Hey there my Happy Readers, here is the next update for your reading pleasure. 🎄🎄

 Happy Reading    (:

BAKUGO'S POV

"They've been in an orphanage for a few months," Deku sighed while flipping through a stack of papers he received from children's services.

"If they've been in an orphanage, why are they entering foster care now?" I asked. I'm still not sure how foster care works. I was going to apply, but then I moved in with Deku and thought it seemed pointless. When I moved in, I had to complete some paperwork with them, but it wasn't that bad.

"So the orphanage they were in for a few months only takes newborns through four years old. The main purpose of this orphanage is to take small children who are still likely to be adopted. They've been with a few families, but nothing ever sticks. They act so horribly that they take them back," he explained.

I cocked an eyebrow. "So we're getting troublemakers? What about Daiki and Himari?" I'm always willing to take in foster kids. However, our actual kids need to be the priority.

"The case worker thinks they misbehaved because they kept getting separated. She said when they were at the orphanage, they were perfect angels," Deku mumbled. "We'll keep an eye on things and see how it goes. I would never put Daiki or Himari in harm's way. You know that."

"I do know that. I just get worried. Are we putting them in the same room?" I asked. It would make sense since they like being together, but Deku firmly believes that nobody should have to share a room.

"That will be their call when they get here. I would never make them, but I won't stop them if they would feel more comfortable sharing one. I assume they will share one, especially since it will be their first night here."

"Where do you want to put them?" I asked while sliding the file over to look at it.

"I think putting them next to Daiki would be a bad idea. Two toddlers next to another toddler? It sounds like a recipe for disaster and a never-ending loop of avoiding bedtime. Maybe between us and Himari," he suggested. "Or we have the storage room at the end of the hall. We could throw everything in there into the basement for now."

"Let's put them in the room between us and Himari," I said. "If they don't want to share a room, we can use the one next to Daiki. At that rate, we would have to clean out the storage room regardless since we only have one foster room and one guest room prepared."

Deku grabbed my arm and turned me to face him. His eyes lit up when they connected with mine. "Have I ever told you how much I love you, Katsuki?"

"Mmm." I reached my arms out and wrapped them around his waist before pulling him close to me. "Have I ever told you how much I love when you call me by my first name?" He still calls me Kacchan ninety percent of the time, but it's nice to hear my first name occasionally.

"A few times," he said with a smile.

I raised my right hand and moved his curls away from his eyes. "I love you more," I said before leaning down and connecting our lips for a short kiss. "When will Jun and Akio be here?" I asked.

"Should be here in half an hour or so," he shrugged. "We need to head out and get some stuff. We don't have enough for both of them. I was thinking we could get a cake and ice cream too. They just turned four, and I thought it would be nice. Nothing too crazy since I don't want to overwhelm them, though."