Morning, Sleeping Wench

I want to start this chapter off by saying: Thank you guys for the reads and likes. A gigantic Koala hug to you all. ( Just think about it.) Now as promised, on with this chapter. * JTK smile*

Smack! A sting in my cheek woke me up. I nearly jumped out of bed, looking around for the culprit. In the dimly lit room not too far was my mother a frown placed on her lips.

" Layla Oriana Valentina Emerson! I have been calling you for 10 minutes! Get up now before I send you off with out a breakfast! Hurry up its 6:30!" I rolled my eyes and went to the bathroom shutting the door and began my shower. I have like an hour to get ready. I got out of the shower and brushed my teeth. When I walked in my room my mother was sitting on my bed tapping her foot against the floor. I saw clothes she picked out on my couch in my room.

"You were taking your time in the shower so I saved you time and picked this out." I sighed, nodding. I grabbed the clothes and changed in my closet. It was a white tank top with a red flannel and jean short shorts white and red knee high socks and black wedges. For asserories it was a gold necklace with a red and gold heart, a gold bracelet and two gold rings. Gosh mother.

"Mother, when is dad coming home?" A gilt of guilt flashed through her eyes.

"Tonight. Listen honey, your father has to do this he has to go off on trips randomly in the year in order to keep us safe. Remember last time he didn't. Remember what happened to Carey-"

"Please mother d-don't remind me." As single tear trickled down my face.

"Layla, you know that your dad loves you. So why do you get so mad when he leaves, he's coming back." Anger and disappointment laced her words. She acted like she didn't care.

"What do you mean why do I get mad when the person who raised me, cared for me was there for me leaves. Mother he was there for me every day to help me with homework, to scare away the bullies, every night to tell me his life stories and protect me from the monsters under my bed. Now do you still question why. Mother?" The look on my face must have been fierce, my mother looked terrified. But within a second she was scolding me.

"Listen here little girl. You are my daughter and you will respect me! Do you understand!?" With every word she took a step closer, until she was in my face. Her warm breath unpleasantly on my face.

"Mother, I was raised to respect people who respect you, NOT to respect people who disrespect you!" I declared back.

"HOW DID I DISRESPECT YOU! YOU ARE A CHILD! JUST A CHILD! YOU DONT HAVE RESPECT! NOBODY CARES ABOUT YOUR RESPECT! NOBODY CARES! I CAN 'DISRESPECT' YOU ALL I WANT AND YOU WONT DO NOTHING ABOUT IT!" Her face was red. I was speechless fro a good 15 seconds.

"Well Mother you already disrespected me enough, you are the reason why I suffer every day. I don't like you at this moment." I started to walk away backwards to show her how broken she made me. My face was red as a tomato from all the crying, a look of melancholy planted on my face and my hair a wet mess. She started to walk up to me, grabbing my shoulders staring me straight in the face. She slapped me then clawed my face then punched my stomach causing me to crouch down, twice, a third, a fourth, a fifth and finally a sixth. I was numb no longer feeling it. She had me pinned in a corner by the third slap. Tears never stopped streaming down my face. Not because of the physical pain but for the emotional one. Sure her slapping hurts she had at least three rings on and her nails sharp to a point she even scratched a couple of times. There is a reason I call her mother instead of mom. She is the woman who gave birth to me but she was never there for me. Never. I looked up and realized she was walking away . I lay there and just think knowing that if I try to got up it would hurt. we've been through this before its not the first time. After about 10 minutes I got slowly but it still hurt badly. I lumped to my bathroom and saw nothing but blood every where. I decided to take a shower to wash off all the blood. after my shower I bandaged everything up. I locked my door and went back to bed knowing that I cant go to school today or for the couple.