Prologue

Mèng Yáo was born on November 12, around the 11th century in the Song Dynasty of China by Empress Biyu

Mèng Yáo was born on November 12, around the 11th century in the Song Dynasty of China by Empress Biyu. The birth of Mèng Yáo was a result of dark magic between the Empress and 'doctor' found by her father as she had found herself barren, enraged and devastated she sought ancient sacrifices and spells to conceive a son and first born prince for the Emperor.

Madly in love with the Emperor and seething in hatred at the thought of him favoring a consort because she's not fertile, she does the unthinkable and offers up her soul and life to carry a child. Months later after giving birth to Mèng Yáo she loses it finding her a girl laughing hysterically as she kills those that witnessed her birth. Mèng Yáo is then named Mencius from the Emperor himself as his "First son" but love doesn't last long in the imperial family as Mèng Yáo grew her hair grew red with her leaving the Emperor to believe of the Empress's infidelity enraged and humiliated he sentenced her to never leaving her yard. While Mèng Yáo grew up "favored" being named the crown prince with ministers singing of the Emperors "benevolence" naming an "evil spirit" as prince.

After everything such as assassinations, disgust, hatred, abuse, and scheming it was time for Mèng Yáo to find her own happiness making friends and family on her journey.