Five more minutes

Yes it inspired by a country song but it's short -K.J

Pitcher and catcher. Boy and boy. Lover and lover. Friend and friend. It was the last game for Jacob and Mateo. Everyone was sad the senior team was leaving. The game started and Mateo was dominating the pitchers mound and Jacob was doing great getting outs on the home plate then came the last batter. Strike one. Strike two. As he threw the last pitch a tear slipped and strike three was called he dropped to his knees with his head in his hands Jacob came up to him "it's okay I know I know" he said has he pulled him up and hugged him "we did it you did it we won our teams record is one for the books because of you" Jacob says they both have tears flowing. The team let them have their moment then the all huddled together and did one last chant. The team went home all except Mateo and Jacob "jay it just doesn't feel right for it to end" "I know love I know" Mateo sat in the dugout with his head on Jacobs shoulder Jacob grabbed his hand and held it "everything will be fine" "I just wish I had more time ya know" "trust me I do" "I love you" "I love you too teo" they share a sweet kiss and just sit there and think about all the fun times they had with that team.
K.J