Scene Nine (Memory of Molly...) & Scene Ten (Foulness Island Part Four)

Scene Nine (Memory of Molly's Letter)

Whatever happens, Harry Dear,
Whatever is said or done,
Our door will always be open whenever you're ready to come home to us.

Never forget that Harry,

Mum Weasley, always with love.

◈━◈━◈━◈━◈

Scene Ten (Foulness Island Part Four)

When he thought about Molly, the one mother figure he had, a lady who truly viewed him as another son, Harry couldn't stop the flood of tears that hit him. Molly had even revealed after the war that she had been denied suitability in adopting him. Molly and Arthur applied to adopt him during his third year but were refused due to Harry currently having relatives, limited finances, and already having seven children.

Draco had reminded Molly that Harry was not her son, and Harry had mournfully conceded to that truth.

Harry had suddenly found himself feeling unwelcome in a home that he now believed to have imposed upon. As Draco had reminded him it was his fault that; the Weasleys were in danger during the war by association, that he was indirectly to blame for the strife that had passed between Percy and his family, and for the death of one of Molly's real children, Fred.

Harry knew he was to blame. He had respected Draco for his blunt honesty, and he couldn't be angry when it was the truth! He had distanced himself from the Weasleys - maybe part of that was in avoidance of the grief and guilt he felt for Fred's death (a grief he felt he had no right to share).

Harry did, however, painfully miss the Weasleys. He yearned for the warmth, the homely atmosphere, the simple home-baked food, the laughing...

The love.