Scene Fourteen (Severus at the Burrow)

Molly knocked on the door – "Harry? You have a visitor, darling."

When the door opened and Severus Snape entered the room, Harry was taken aback. Molly left them, and Harry's treacherous brain turned to slush. Harry became mute and stared up at the black-clad Potions Master like a moron.

It hadn't taken much thought or reflection for him to finally accept that... yes, he was attracted to this man, made ten times more likely by the 'Severus-induced brain (and body) malfunction' he was currently experiencing.

Harry couldn't believe he hadn't realised it before; all the times he'd blushed in the man's presence, stuttered like a moron, and stared at Severus like he was the only man he'd ever seen. Then again, he had been with Draco – with Malfoy.

Harry knew he had to disassociate from Malfoy because, if he didn't, he'd only convince himself to go back to him. It was what he usually did, find excuses and convince himself that he was the erroneous one – the one who should be sorry all the time for being an idiotic half-blooded orphan.

Even now, when he knew he shouldn't, Harry still felt guilty. It had taken hours of convincing by Hermione, Ron, and the other Weasleys to not go running back to Malfoy. Hermione had told him that he just didn't know what a healthy relationship looked like, and he would have argued with her but ... she was right. He may have seen others in a loving relationship, but love outside of friendship was not something he had ever really gotten familiar with.

He was having a hard time making himself see reason, to see that Malfoy had been controlling him and using him. Harry was ashamed. He deserved to be ashamed for being so foolish in the first place! It hurt worse than admitting he had been abused by the fucking Dursleys.

It hurt.
Oh, did it fucking hurt!

"I've brought you your belongings." Severus broke the silence, reminding Harry that not only was Severus still standing there waiting for him to say something, but that Severus was also (most likely) the very first man with whom Harry had developed an infatuation.

Harry had never really had a crush on Malfoy, he had just foolishly assumed them to be in love.
So, of course, Harry just stared up at Severus like a moron.

Severus continued hesitantly, and if Harry didn't know any better, he'd think the man was shy or nervous. "Your father's cloak is among them. Draco pretended he didn't have it in his possession, but I persuaded him to hand it over. I know what it means to you, even if your father was an arrogant toe-rag." Severus sneered, still unable to completely forget the past.

Harry blinked, his attention drawn to the two suitcases on the floor. That was probably about right; Harry didn't own much, and aside from his cloak, the few valuable items he did own (like his broom) were held in his vault at Gringotts. Draco had persuaded - - No! Malfoy had used guilt-tripping and coercion to make him hand over his invisibility cloak, in hindsight. Harry had no clue for what.

"Thanks," Harry mumbled. He was very relieved though, to know that he wouldn't have to ask the Aurors for help in retrieving his things. He was very grateful to Severus, but how did the man know where he was?

As if reading Harry's mind – and Harry knew exactly what that felt like to know that Severus wasn't – Severus continued to explain.

"Ronald arrived at the shop this morning with a few of his red-robed colleagues. Draco, as you can imagine, was ecstatic." Severus was a sarcastic bloke. "Of course, I hated to break up their little party, but I agreed to retrieve your possessions before things escalated. As I promised Ronald, here I am."

Before Harry could even try to form a coherent answer, they both heard a commotion coming from outside...

Harry would know that irate voice anywhere – Draco Malfoy!