004

Muscat Palace, Underground dungeon

A soft hiss escaped her sealed lips as reality set in, she was captured by the royals, her agent abandoned her and both her mother and brother would be extremely worried about her.

The dungeon door was unlocked and a guard came in and placed a lamplight and left without a word to her. Her scowl deepened as another man stepped into the dungeon, she inhaled a sharp intoxicating scent and right there she knew it was one of the royal family member that graced her with his presence. Rolling her eyes, she raised her head to make eye contact with the figure hovering over her.

   One look at the man and she knew who he was, how could she not when just yesterday she saw his picture at the hospital. He looks so much like his father from the long black raven hair that's silked, the hooded eyes, straight nose bridge,pink lips, sharp jawline and the height. Assessing him further, she noticed his light skin and not the Arabian kind of light skin but much like the American kind, she could remember his mother was American but still that was the only feature that was from his mom, otherwise he was exact replica of his dad and grandfather.

    He crouched to her level and mercilessly tore the duct tape away from her sealed lips, earning a low hiss from Sakeenah. She glared at him and that was when her jaw dropped, his eyes were a shade of deep gray. She has seen a lot of iris color but his was a first, it was mesmerizing and enchanting to say the least, she was sure her glare had turned to a perplexed look but that's the least of her concern now. But the moment was shortlived as soon as he spoke.

" Thank God, i took those black seeds or else with that look you would have cast an evil eye on me" he sighed, his face cold.

She scoffed and was about to make a sarcastic reply when her mind drifted to her family. She set her lips in a thin line and exhaled, it's of no use now since she only wants to get out of here.

" What do you want?" She glared at him again.

  He let out a humourless chuckle, the sound erupting all over the small space. For a moment she was perplexed yet again with the rich sound but chided herself, her eyes still fixed on him in sliths.

" You should answer your question" His gaze set back on her with a angry expression, one that made her squirm and composed herself last minute.

Sakeenah knew it was of no use staying quite, so she took exhaled and chose to be on the safer side.

" My contractor wanted me to warn your father not to pass the throne to you and don't ask me who he was because I too don't know the traitor's identity" She finished with a sigh.

Prince Umar kept mute, staring down at her. Their staring contest lasted for a while before he stood up from his crouching position and turned his back to her.

" Hmm, I believe you. But what i want to know is why you had to hurt my father" He glared at the stone wall waiting for her reply.

" Oh, my bad. That was to install fear in your father to heed to my warning and to be completely honest it was kinda fun" She shrugged not realizing what she just spewed out.

Sakeenah groaned while shutting her eyes realizing her mistake. She was suppose to play on the safer side but Sakeenah being a passionate assassin, got excited when asked about her tactics.

" Is that so? " He turned and walked up to her kneeling position, crouching to her level again. He took out her pocket knife from his thobe and examined the art. He ran his fingers along the sharp blade, tracing the engraved Arabic word and finally the short black handle with a silver strap.

" W- What are you doing with that? " She stuttered whilst trying to launch forward to get her most precious possession.

" Just thinking about the ways to use this to engrave my name on your brother's thigh, Sakeenah" He finished with a boyish grin at her bewildered expression.

" Keep my brother out of this, you imbecile!" She yelled her eyes turning a deep shade of crimson.

" Why should I? To be completely honest the idea sounds kinda fun" He smirked and got up.

Sakeenah didn't speak a word, only glaring at the floor, up until a guard was about to let the Prince out of the dungeon.

" What can I do to set my brother free?" She asked with outmost sincerity and determination to get Bilal out of her mess.

" Nothing, just pray he provides all the information we need. If not those barely manly muscles of his would come in handy with our man power here" With that he walked out of the small room and darkness overtook the dungeon ones again.

Sakeenah's mind was jumbled, she was sure their mother would be worried when she doesn't receive a call from her and Ja'afar soon. She chewed on her lips as she thought of anything but alas she gave up and prayed for her Lord's mercy. She wasn't the most religion, but she does belief in her Lord and the Prophets and prays five times daily despite being late at times. She was about drifting to a slumber just as the dungeon gate was pulled open by a guard holding up a lamp as a lady with red hood gracefully walked in.

" Assalamu alaikum, my name is Sayyida Fatima. I brought a prayer mat for you" She smiled as she dropped it on the floor and signaled the guard to uncuff Sakinah.

The guard did as he was instructed and stood protectively near the Princess. Sakinah eyed the lady as she stood up and flexing her wrists and arms.

" How're you so sure that I won't try to hurt you?" She raised a brow at Sayyida Fatima, her lips thinned.

" Well for starters, I could fill you in on how your brother's current condition is" She smiled sweetly as she unfolded the mat and positioned it towards the Qiblah.

Upon mentioning Ja'afar, her eyes widened and she blinked rapidly.

" How's he?" She muttered in a hushed tone.

" Just fine, AlhamdulilLaah. I was from his place" She smiled faintly recalling her earlier interaction with Ja'afar.

" Now, perform abulution and pray. The guards will get you something to eat and I promise to tell you everything there's to know on your brother" She added as she adjusted the white niqab covering her face.

Sakinah thought about it, it's not like she has another option. She stared into Sayyida Fatima's light brown orbs before sending a nod her way.