15. all i ask

୨ৎ ꒰ all i ask ꒱ ୨ৎ

.୨ৎ ꒰ all i ask ꒱ ୨ৎ.

the big day finally arrived. the deb ball was in less than two hours and the nervousness was killing willow. 

she was doing her make-up in the debutantes' room, trying to ignore the caos that ran the place.

"can you borrow me your mascara?"

"someone has a razor?"

"i look like a frog" 

the girls were going crazy, but willow wanted to keep it cool. or at least pretend she was keeping it cool. susannah found a way to make her sing after the presentation of the debutantes and the escorts' number, before the actual ball. she was happy to perform, but dying thinking about all the eyes that were going to be on her.

the door opened and conrad appeared, a hand on his eyes just in case someone was naked.

"get out!" someone shouted, pissed off.

"i just want to talk to my sister! i swear i can't see anything!" he responded and willow quickly got up and walked towards him, getting some annoyed glances.

"gosh i'm so happy to see a familiar face" she hugged him after closing the door, in the big country club hallway. "i barely know half of the girls that are in there" she sighed, kind of regretting not hanging out with the debutantes more, but she thought they were going to be...different. more like her. less fancy.

also, escorts and debutantes couldn't see each other before the presentation, so she couldn't count on steven for once.

"i want to give you something" conrad said. "your birthday gift." willow smiled when he handed her a little box.

she opened it and for a second she was too stunned to speak. it was a ring with a small pearl.

"read what's written on the inside" conrad was looking at her, trying to read her emotions. he was so proud of the gift.

"we'll be fine line" she whispered, reading the inside of the ring. "oh, connie..."

"you don't like it? i knew i should've chosen the purple stone" she stopped his blabbering by hugging him.

"it's perfect. and if i hadn't my make-up just done i would definitely be crying." she giggled. "i need to finish getting ready, see you later?" 

"i'll be in the first row just for you" she kissed him on the cheek and got back into the debs' room.

⭑○◦

a couple of hours later, willow was standing on the right side of the backstage, facing steven on the other side, waiting for paige to present her in order to walk towards the flower arch to smile at the families, sat at the tables.

the tables were placed around the dance floor, and each debutante was meant to give their parents her bouquet and stand in front of the table with her escort.

"you can do that, willow, it's simple. quick. hopefully" she whispered.

on the other side, steven caught her attention by widely waving at her. he pointed at himself, draw a heart in the air and pointed willow. "i love you"

"i love you" she repeated the same gestures.

"willow fisher is girl with many talents. she spend her free time singing and acting, dreaming of being on brodway one day. winning the fundraising tournament and putting her heart in others charity foundations, she raisen almost 9000 dollars" paige said in the mic.

willow took a deep breath and started walking, steven imitating her on the other side. they met under the flower arch, someone took some photos and they approached her family's table.

she handed her mom the bouquet and susannah hugged her, leaving a kiss on her forehead. "you are gorgeous willy" 

once she was next to steven, he took her hand and squeezed it before heading to the middle of the dance floor. him and jeremiah said that the escorts prepared a dance number, and willow knew that it was going to be iconic when the notes of "i like that" by bazzi started playing and everybody proceed to stand up to cheer them. 

before they could start dancing, willow saw laurel leaving the room and her ex husband follow her.

between sexy moves and smirks, steven's eyes were for willow only. to him, she was the most beautiful girl in the room, brighter than a star.

by the ending pose, everybody was clapping them, wearing big smiles. they were great and willow almost forgot she had to sing. steven quickly kissed her and she walked on the stage, sitting at the piano.

"uhm, i just want to say that i'm honored to be here and play for you, and i hope that some music and this ball will make us forget a little our problems to completely enjoy the night."

she started playing the piano, closing her eyes to concentrate. "all i ask" was one of her favourite songs and she wanted to be great. to make everybody proud of her.

"i will leave my heart at the door, i won't say a word" as soon as she started singing, she followed with her eyes jeremiah walking out. at the table, belly and steven looked as confused as her, while conrad wasn't paying attention to him. he looked at willow in the eyes, and his were full of...guilt?

"all i ask is, if this is my last night with you" the music was controlling her, her emotions all over the place. that song was so touching, damn, she should've chosen something more fun, shake it off, maybe?"

a door slammed. "you knew it! you fucking knew it!" willow stopped playing. jeremiah, crying, rushed to conrad and started punching him, throwing his brother on the floor. they started fighting in front of everyone.

willow got up and walked towards them when steven finally separated them. "what's going on" she whispered, knowing everyone's eyes were on them.

"did you know that? willow be honest, please" jeremiah looked devasted to the core, his hair all over the place and his cheeks covered in tears.

"what are you talking about?" susannah asked, a little scared of what the answer was going to be.

"mom, we know." conrad announced, his eyes watery and his voice cracked.

willow's eyes were begging for answers. "know what?"