Starving

CHAPTER 2

Even two hours later her chest felt like it was about to explode. Did he really kiss her on the cheek? She wasn't used to the attention of guys, always being mocked as the nerd. In uni she was always top of her class.

She put on her pretty glasses that she usually wouldn't wear. She didn't expect to wear them at all now that she had to join the military. But if he liked her, he should know her in her glasses too. She straightened her green dress when she heard a knock on the door.

When he had calmed down a bit König headed to his room to get ready and make himself look even better for tonight. He spent far more time than he should have getting perfect and after a while he was more than ready.

He was nervous and excited all at the same time and had to catch himself pacing back and forth. It was almost 8:00 when he decided he had waited long enough and left his room.

He headed towards Abby's room with a small bouquet of flowers in his hand and he knocked on the door.

Her heart jumped. Never had someone caught her so quickly, could she really trust him? She felt as if she could. She knew she could as she opened the door and the guy who looked hard and mysterious to others stood there with bouquet of flowers that he had obviously put more thought into than he would admit.

Her eyes lit up and she whispered "You look amazing".

His cheeks warmed and he immediately handed her the flowers.

"I uh, I thought these would look pretty," he said quietly. "You look great too, by the way." He glanced at her dress and then back up at her dark eyes. The dress hugged her curves, she was chubbier than most women in service. He wanted to remember to ask her about her job here. Later.

"I hope you're hungrig," he added, his tone still low and his heart still racing.

Without much thought she placed the palm of her hand on his chest for a second or two, before looking up to him with big eyes.

"Starving" was the only thing she could get out.

The feel of her hand on his chest sent a shiver down his spine and his cheeks went bright red. He wasn't wearing his hood. Actually, Abby didn't know yet that he usually did.

"Oh gut," he replied, still not trusting his voice. "I have a place nearby for dinner. If you're ready of course."

Abby placed the flowers in a yellow vase she had brought. Really, it was the only accessory she placed in her room as she had just arrived, but this vase was important to her and the flowers matched it perfectly. König's eyes mustered her home, it was quite bigger than the places new recruits would get normally.

"I'm ready! But first, I have something for you too"

She turned around and handed him a small piece of paper she had folded two times.

"I hope you like it and it's not too much" she got quieter towards the end, clearly hesitating a bit.

He took the paper and his mouth dropped open by the sketch. It was a pencil drawing just like him in a dreamlike way, like he was in a painting. Abby had doodled it when she came back to her little apartment at the base and had to share this piece with her muse.

"Wow," he said in awe.

He put it in his pocket and leaned in closer towards her, looking into her eyes once more.

"Thank you," he said faintly, his smile spreading.

He then looked down at her lips as if he was tempted to do something but he stopped himself.

"We should go before the kitchen closes," he said with a slightly hoarse voice.

She knew she'd rather do something else but she had to stop herself when he got so close to her. It was tempting and he was so close, so kissable...

"Sure, I'll do whatever you say" she gave him a hinting look and left the apartment while brushing against him.

The feel of her brush against him sent a surge through his body and he felt dizzy all of sudden. His heart was racing and his throat felt like a desert.

He was confused and didn't know what he wanted or expected. But he knew he couldn't let her leave without doing something.

He grabbed her arm from behind and pulled her towards him. Their faces were mere inches apart.

"Wait, before we go," he whispered.

He then gently tilted her head so it was looking up at him.

He made his move.

°°°° I am so excited to launch this story! I haven't written fanfics in literal ages and now I've finished like what, around 15 chapters? I hope you guys like them! Also the next chapter will be a bit spicy °°°°