Smiling

Chapter Two | Valentine's Day

Ruby hadn't been needed at the afterschool rehearsal today so instead she decided to use the time to pick up some coffee and muffins from her dad's favourite Salt Lake coffee shop. She was standing adding sugar to her coffee when someone approached her. 

"Taking coffee to your valentine?" the mystery boy questioned as he grabbed 2 packs of sugar. Ruby turned her head to face him with a smile "No Valentine, just taking my dad a coffee on my way home"

"Well then, I'm Zac" He said sticking his hand out for her to shake "And would you want to hang out tonight?"

Ruby shook his hand as she spoke "I'm Ruby, and I don't know if I can, I'm sorry"

"Don't be sorry, how about you take this and if you change your mind call me" Zac winked as he handed her a small ripped-edged piece of paper with his number on it and turned to walk out of the door.

Rupert was cleaning up their coats and shoes they had both left lying as Ruby washed the dishes when he came across a ripped-up piece of paper with a phone number on it on the floor under Ruby's coat. "What's this?" He asked as he made his way into the kitchen.

"Oh, some boy at the coffee shop asked me if I wanted to hang out tonight but I said no since it's mom's favourite holiday and our first one without her" Ruby shrugged as she dried her hands.

"No, absolutely not, you are not missing out on being a teen because of me or your mom" He said as he snatched the hand towel out of her hands swapping it with the piece of paper "Call him right now and go hang out with him"

"Are you sure?"

"Yes, now go"

Ruby grabbed her phone off the counter and made her way to the living room as she dialled his number. 

Hi, this is Zac

Hey, it's Ruby from the coffee shop

Hey, um did you change your mind or just want to hear my voice?

I changed my mind, are you still up to hanging out right now?

Yeah totally, where do you want to meet? 

Authors Note

So a very short chapter just because there wasn't really anything for her to do in the valentines ep but I needed her to meet Zac, but I am working on the next chapter so hopefully you will get a longer chapter soon.

Also, I have a Ricky Bowen Fic btw called Showmance it starts in season 1 and I've published up to about halfway through the first act so yeah, also it will include Portwell endgame since I'm stealing Ricky for my Oc.