The Watcher

Amidst the celestial tumult, Aziraphale finds a fleeting moment of solitude. His thoughts are consumed by the words of the archangels, the memories of his connection with Crowley, and the undeniable truth he can no longer escape.

With a determined gaze, he conjures a scrying mirror-an artifact that allows him to observe distant locations. As the surface of the mirror ripples and shifts, a scene unfolds before him-the city streets of Earth, where Crowley walks among humans, a figure of both mystery and allure.

Crowley's once-confident stride now seems burdened, his shoulders hunched and his steps faltering. Aziraphale's heart clenches as he watches his friend, his feelings of concern amplified by the newfound clarity he has gained.

He watches as Crowley enters a dimly lit bar, his movements slow and deliberate. The demon's usual air of swagger is replaced by a palpable heaviness, a weight that seems to bear down on him from all sides.

The camera in Aziraphale's celestial scrying mirror pans, revealing Crowley sitting alone at the bar. The dim lighting casts shadows across his face, highlighting the weariness that has etched itself into his features. His fingers wrap around a glass of amber liquid, and his gaze is distant, lost in thought.

As Aziraphale watches, a sense of helplessness washes over him. He witnesses the loneliness that has taken hold of Crowley, the pain that lurks beneath his charismatic exterior. It's a pain Aziraphale has unknowingly contributed to, a pain that now gnaws at his conscience.

Crowley's lips move, his words inaudible to Aziraphale's ears, but the expression on his face speaks volumes-a mixture of regret, sorrow, and a longing for something that seems forever out of reach.

Aziraphale's grip tightens on the scrying mirror, his heart heavy with a mixture of guilt and understanding. He realizes that the bond they shared, the moments they'd woven together during their time on Earth, had left an indelible mark on both of them.

As the scene unfolds before him, Aziraphale's resolve solidifies. He may have fallen from Heaven, but he won't let Crowley fall into despair. The connection they share transcends realms, and he's determined to bridge the divide that separates them.

With a final, lingering gaze at the scrying mirror, Aziraphale extinguishes the vision, his heart set on a course of action that defies both celestial norms and his own past beliefs. The stage is set for the tumultuous events that will follow, as Aziraphale seeks to reunite with the demon he's come to love, no matter the cost. Unbeknownst to Aziraphale, he's not the only one who's wrestling with his demons, as Crowley's own struggles threaten to take him to the brink.