Chapter 1

One

You know that  pounding pain you have when you have a migraine? Well thats how my head feels like right down. One big giant pounding pain and i dont know why. I pryed my eyes open. The light from the window shone in my eyes, i groaned.

Where was i?

I soon realized i was in a house. Was it my house? That i wasn't sure of. My whole body aches and the pounding in my head gets worse. I feel like im gonna throw up. I clench my teeth and slowly start to sit up until im leaning agasiant the dark red wall. I look around waiting to get it least one memory of the room but i dont.

When i feel ok to get i do so. I wander around the house feeling the walls and the furniture. I had no idea who i was or where i stand. I walk into what looked like the kitchen and  the small counter was a note. The words were written neatly.

     Dylan,

Went grocery shopping. Didn't want to disturb you. Be home by 4.

     Love,

    Mom

Who's Dylan? Was i Dylan? Where's mom? I decided to check the only place i haven't yet. I slowly made my way over to the stairs. Step by step i finally make it too the top.  I walk into the room that was closet to me. The walls where white with black trim and the carpets was white and furry. I let my fingers trail over everything in the room. The black comforter, the white wooden desk. I stop when something catches my eye on the desk.

It was a wooden picture frame with a photo of two girls standing in front of a house. One looked older than the other. The younger one had medium length dark brown/redish hair and misty blue eyes. Her hair fit perfectly with her pale complexion. Im guessing the older one was her mother her looked like her but older.

I sat on the bed studying the picture. The girl had a on black tank top, a jean jacket, denim short, and shiny black combat boots. I looked down at the clothes  i was wearing.  had a similar outfit on.

" Strange " i mumble

It look me exactly 45 minutes to figure out the girl in the picture was me. I must be Dylan. If so where is mom?

I quickly rushed down stairs. I had questions and i wanted them to be answered. I opened up the door and stepped outside. The mail box outside the house was knocked over and papers scattered the streets. Some windows on the other houses were broken. What have i missed?

I walk down the side walk for about a good 5 minutes until i trip on something and fall.  My body qucikly ached again. I get back up and look behind me to see what i have tripped on. Its was a shotgun.

" Who the hell would need this? "  i said. I picked it up. I put it in the inside of my jean jacket pocket. Thoughts were swarming my mind. What if i get arrested for carrying a weapon? I cant remember anything and i deffintly dont want to try to remember in a cell.  I decidede to carry it anyways because things were already seemed suspicous. 

I walked down the streets. Its like everyone disappeared. " Hello! " i shouted and all of heard was the echos of my voice.

I finally heard groaning. " Somebody there! " i called. I walked down further until i saw people trying to get into a building.  " Umm whats going on " i say and all there heads snapped toward me. They looked like they need help. There clothes were torn and had scratches on there body. " Oh my gosh " i whisper and stare at them wide eyed. One of them at blood on there mouth.

My first reactin was to walk over too them but they had the same idea and  beat me too it. They kinda looked like they were decaying or diseased. " St-st-stop " i said  " Dont come a-a-any closer " i stutter. I pulled out my gun while backing up.

" I have a gun " i say but that didnt stop them. Instead of walking they started running. I screamed and dropped the gun. I turned around and ran for my life. " Help! " i shouted.  I ran to a building and grasped on the the metal bar and pulled with all my mite but it wouldent open. I shook it like a mad person.

" Open up! Please! " i yelled. I peeked my head out and they were even closer than before. I took off again and ran.

The next minute i know i was hit by an opening door and i fell.