Chapter(13)

Murtasim's gaze held Meerab's as he cornered her against the wall, a mischievous glint in his eyes. The proximity made her heart race, and she could feel the warmth of his breath against her cheek. With a gentle tilt of his head, he closed the gap between them, his lips capturing hers in a soft, lingering kiss.

Feeling his lips brush against hers, Meerab's heart raced with a mixture of anticipation and longing. Without hesitation, she responded to his kiss, her arms slipping around his neck as her fingers threaded through his hair. Murtasim's hands slid to Meerab's hips, pulling her even closer to him.

As their lips moved in perfect synchrony, the world around them seemed to fade away, leaving only the two of them in their cocoon of intimacy. The touch of his lips against hers sent a surge of warmth through her body, igniting a fire that had been smoldering beneath the surface.

With each gentle press of their lips, Meerab's heart skipped a beat. Murtasim's grip tightened on her hips as he deepened the kiss, a silent plea for more. It was a perfect moment, a culmination of their feelings that had been building between them. As they finally broke the kiss, their eyes met. It was a turning point, a leap into a future that was now undeniably intertwined. With a tender smile, Murtasim brushed his thumb against her cheek, savoring the magic of their first kiss.

Meerab's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red as she met Murtasim's gaze, her heart racing in sync with the lingering warmth of their kiss. His thumb brushed gently against her cheek, his touch sending shivers down her spine. One of his hands still rested on her hip, anchoring her close to him, while her own hands found their place on his chest. The rapid rhythm of his heartbeat echoed in her ears.

A sudden knock on the door jolted them apart, their heartbeats echoing the surprise of the moment. In their haste, they separated, leaving Meerab momentarily rooted to the spot, her legs feeling like they might give way at any moment, all thanks to the lingering effects of their first kiss.

"Kya karein?" Meerab asked with a touch of worry, gently pushing Murtasim away as they both tried to regain their composure. Murtasim's eyes darted around the room, searching for a solution to their unexpected situation. His gaze landed on Meerab's dupatta, which had fallen to the floor in their haste. He quickly picked it up and placed it over Meerab's shoulder, a gesture to help her cover her head.

As Murtasim moved to open the door, Meerab's voice stopped him in his tracks. "Murtasim," she called out, making him turn back to face her with a questioning look. "Haan?" he asked, a hint of urgency in his voice. Meerab's lips curled into a sheepish smile as she whispered, "Lipstick."

A mixture of amusement and exasperation crossed Murtasim's face. He let out a sigh and ran his hand over his mouth, a gesture to ensure that there were no traces of their stolen kiss.

"Kitna time laga diya darwaza kholne mein. Kya kar raha tha tum?" Shahanavaz asked, stepping into the room. Murtasim's cheeks flushed red with embarrassment as he recalled what he had been doing just moments before.

"Ku-kuch kuch nahi, abba," he stammered, his voice betraying his unease.

Meerab glanced at the bed, which was scattered with files. Swiftly, she gathered all the files and arranged them neatly on the bed, hoping to conceal any evidence of what had just transpired.

"Meerab beta, tum thi yaha pe? Mujhe laga tum Maryam ke sath padhai kar rahi thi," Shahanavaz said, his gaze shifting from Meerab to the files on the bed.

"Files padh rahe the tum?" Shahanavaz asked Murtasim.

"Ji," Murtasim replied, glancing at Meerab, who was blushing hard.

"Thik se padh liya? I don't want any mistakes to happen. If you have any doubts, ask Mahmood," Shahanavaz said.

"Haan, thik se pura dimag laga ke padh raha tha when you came. Islie der laga di darwaza kholne mein," Murtasim said, casting a meaningful glance at Meerab while addressing his father. Meerab's cheeks turned a shade redder as she bit her lip, trying to suppress her laughter at Murtasim's clever response.

"Okay. I will let you continue then." Shahanavaz turned to go.

Just as Shahanavaz turned to go, Murtasim leaned in close to Meerab's ear and whispered, "Tum bhi toh thik se padh rahi thi, na?" Meerab's eyes widened in surprise, and she swatted playfully at his arm, her embarrassment growing even deeper.

"Murtasim," Shahanavaz called.  "Ji, abba," Murtasim stammered as he distanced himself from Meerab, a sheepish smile on his face. She chuckled softly at the teasing exchange. Shahanavaz's voice called out again, breaking the moment. "Murtasim?" Murtasim quickly composed himself. "Yes, abba," he replied, trying to sound composed. Shahanavaz continued, "When you are done with the files, meet me in my room." With that, Shahanavaz left the room. Murtasim let out a sigh of relief, glancing at Meerab with a playful grin.

Murtasim's playful tone filled the room as he approached Meerab. "Should we continue the study?" he teased, a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Besharam," Meerab retorted, her cheeks flushed with a mixture of embarrassment and amusement, as she playfully pushed him away.

"I'll bring tea for you," Meerab offered.

"I'll come too," Murtasim followed closely behind her.

As they strolled along, their fingers intertwined, Meerab found peace and warmth in Murtasim's touch. She felt content.

As Meerab began to prepare tea, Murtasim's gaze lingered on her every move, captivated by her actions. "Shahad ya shakkar?" she inquired. Lost in her presence, he initially didn't catch her words. "Huh?" he responded. Realizing his distraction, she repeated, "Maine pucha shahad ya shakkar?" Murtasim's lips curved into a sly smile as he replied, "Kuch bhi nahi bas ek sip le lena."

A blush crept across Meerab's cheeks, and she bit her lip. Offering him the cup of tea, Meerab noticed Murtasim standing with his arms crossed over his chest. "Pakado," she playfully whined. "Sip nahi liya tum," reminding her that she hadn't taken a sip yet.

After Meerab took a sip and handed the cup to Murtasim, he took a sip himself and remarked, "Sweet hai." "Ab jao, apna kaam karo," Meerab playfully nudged him out of the kitchen once he had finished his tea, encouraging him to get back to his tasks.

"Tum nahi aa rahi?" he asked.

"No. Main Maryam ke saath padai karne jaa rahi hun," Meerab replied.

"Room me kar lena."

"Nahi. Tum distract ho jaoge," she insisted.

"Tum pass mein nahi toh bhi main distract hota hu, Meerab," he countered.

"I don't want Shahnavaz uncle to blame me for your laziness. Now go and take care of your tasks," she urged him, her tone laced with determination, as she walked towards Maryam's room, resolute in her decision to focus on studying.

Murtasim chuckled at his wife's words, amused by her straightforwardness. He then returned to his tasks.