Chapter 24

Wolf pulled the blankets closer to herself. But it was only when that happened that something didn't feel right. Blankets? When did she get a hold of something like that? The last time she checked, she was walking down a hall with Shadow.

She opened her eyes only to find that she was in her bedroom, causing her even more confusion. Ghost was sitting next to her bed. She smiled when she saw Wolf sit up.

"So you're finally up. You had us all worried."

"Ghost? What happened?" Wolf asked.

"Xero and some other researchers tried to capture you and Shadow and you ended up losing control of your powers." Ghost explained. "The king and queen sent us home to make sure you got a good recovery."

Wolf practically flung herself out of bed the moment she heard the answer. They were sent home and she just now woken up!? How long was she out?

"Don't worry, you were only out for a few hours." Ghost assured her. "They transported us to Hyrule."

Wolf nodded and settled back down... but only a little. If she had more control of her powers then they would still be there and the alliance between Hyrule and Miniel wouldn't be paused. "I really need to find a way to keep this under control."

"True. Even though you're not completely to blame for this, the wrong kind of people aren't going to look at context."

It was then that Red peeked into the room, hearing conversation going on when it was otherwise silent. His eyes widened when he saw Wolf. "Wolfie! You're awake!"

Before Wolf knew it, she was enveloped in a crushing hug by Red before he turned his head in the direction of the hallway. "Hey! She's up now!"

When she heard that, Wolf guessed that the others were here as well.

To further confirm her suspicions, Vio's voice came from the small hallway.

"Red, is rushing in right when she wakes up really the right thing to do?"

"I'm okay." Wolf assured him. "You can come in."

It was only with that invitation, the rest of the brothers walked into her room.

"Glad to see that you're doing alright now." Green said, instantly relaxing at the sight of his apprentice awake and well.

"Sorry for the trouble I caused."

"It's the weirdo's fault for coming at us the wrong way." Shadow said with a shrug. "Even if you did have control, no one can just attack their target and not expect them to retaliate."

Wolf sighed. "Still, it would be better if I got these powers under control."

"We'll find someone to teach you." Green assured her.

"Even though Xero did all this for his own benefit, he did say something about my magic coming from deep within a forest. Maybe we should start looking there?"

Another thing came to Wolf's mind when she mentioned that. Practically everything around her that was still a mystery had the forest involved somewhere. Perhaps just being content with living in Hyrule made her forget that she should try and find out where she came from. Now that she thought about it, she really hadn't put that much effort into doing that.

"We'll keep that in mind. But if you feel up for it, Zelda would like to know how you're doing. She'll be more at ease if she sees you herself."

Wolf nodded, standing up from her bed, calmer than the last time she had got up. Since she was the one that paused the alliance, the least she could do for Zelda was go to her to let her know that she was alright. "Yeah. Let's not keep her waiting."

They soon start making their way towards Hyrule Castle, being greeted with an evening sky the moment they stepped outside. As they walked, Wolf's mind couldn't help but wander, all stemming from a newfound curiosity about where she came from and who she was before her attack.

Were there people looking for her? If so was it out of love, fear, or hatred? Then there was her powers to consider. Could they be considered good or evil? But soon she came to the realization that since that was the past, it shouldn't really matter. It was good to learn and understand the past, but that doesn't necessarily mean she has to constantly chase after it or let it define her.

No matter what happened in her past, Wolf was a squire of Hyrule. Surrounded by people that cared for her. If her powers couldn't be considered good then she would just make it good.

As long as she had the support of her new friends... no family... then Wolf felt like she would be able to get through whatever was going to happen as she starts looking more into her past.