TEST 3 : RAIN'S PROMISE (The End)

"Oh, I see chef Nong Khey is at work – no surprise the house is dipped into aromatics. Oo beauty."

"Don't! It's for my hubby."

Rain giggled as he watched Saifah make an exaggerated puking face."

"I made you Khai Jiao – taadaa!"

Saifah laughed as he watched Rain present the dish like a magic trick. Rain really was the liveliness of the house, Saifah shuddered as he thought about the days when the house was bleak and dark without Rain. Shaking his head he continued,

"But why this discrimination against your Phi Khey? I get omelette on rice while my Phi Chaai gets Khanom Pang Na Moo with that strong-smelling coffee and such a pretty rose? I don't want the red rose but I work hard too, Nong Khey."

Saifah gave his best puppy eyes but nothing could hide the teasing glint in his eyes.

"I'm trying to make up to P'Phayu, P'Sai."

"Aah for last evening?"

Rain nodded in response as gloominess took over him. Phayu wasn't talking to him since yesterday.

"All the best Rainy boy. Do you want me to help you carry the tray?"

"No, Phi, I'll be fine. I don't get breathless now."

"Those weird roots worked I guess. I don't know where my brother is finding these witch potion ingredients from."

As Saifah mumbled his way to make his coffee Rain took a deep breath and walked towards their room.

Last evening while taking the steam from the weird-looking and smelling root boiled down water, Phayu had found a remedy for Rain's breathing problem – the accident, all the smoke, had left an impact on his lungs – the rib bones had punctured his lungs in several places and although the surgery was successful, the puncture wounds had healed yet Rain had difficulty in breathing and if he did any extensive work he would have hours of breathing problem. When the medicines had stopped making any difference the doctors had prescribed him an inhaler and while Rain was finally off the inhaler – his problem hadn't lessened much.

The very next day after the Popi's failed attempt – (and after Phayu strode to Popi's house confronting her, publicly calling out for her ill intention, seducing, trying to touch someone without their consent and humiliating her) Phayu fished a weird-looking root from thin air, literally out of thin air – it wasn't there and then it was there the next moment.

As much as that root water steaming sessions had substantially helped his breathing they were also annoying – the steam would irritate his nose as if he sniffed black pepper and then the burning he felt in his lungs for the next 30 minutes. He's been a good boy, okay, he has been obediently doing these steams for a week without any complaints (okay a little complaint but nothing major) but yesterday he just threw a tantrum and in the moment of tantrum he said how it was better being in the hospital bed, still. It was childish, Rain accepts – he isn't trying to defend himself or justify himself he was wrong and he knows that but his Phi could be just a little bit understanding and not cut complete communications with him. He didn't even cuddle him last night.

Rain shook himself out of his thoughts once he entered their room and found P'Phayu fully dressed for work, Rain frowned Phayu had client meetings the entire day and all of them were outside of the office, which meant that he didn't have to be at work until noon. So where was his Phi going?

"Phi, I made you breakfast. I wanted to do breakfast in bed but I see you are out and all ready."

"Going to office"