𝐢𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐥

𝐅𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧, 𝐥𝐞𝐚𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐜𝐚𝐦𝐩 𝐬𝐞𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐝 𝐬𝐨 𝐦𝐮𝐜𝐡 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐛𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞. Belle stood just before the barrier, not yet stepping out of it.

When she had tried to 'not runaway' she was running on pure adrenaline. But now, she was reminded of the consequences of her actions, now she had a real quest.

She took in the sight, right past the boarder was just more forest and a hill, a hill she had spent years being told never to go past. A hill she hadn't even made it past when she met Percy.

Seven years of her life she had spent here, waiting for this moment. But now that it was here she was scared to even leave.

She had said goodbye to her friends already, now all that was left was that final step.

"Is it scary?" She asked Percy who stood beside her. He looked at her confused. "The world. Is it scary?"

Percy thought about this for a moment, "New York isn't super friendly, but its alright."

"What about the rest of it?"

"...without kindly ones I'd say it's pretty alright" Percy smiled, then Chiron called him over and he left to go speak with their mentor.

Belle stayed where she was as Luke and Oliver came up to her.

"You'll be ok" Ollie said, "you're strong, stronger than any of us"

"You're just saying that" she shook her head, not looking up at the two older boys.

Luke took a deep breath and looked back at her, "secrets are ok if they save you a hassle."

"What?" She looked up at Luke confused.

"You'll understand soon enough" Luke nods.

Belle was confused but decided against arguing. She hugged both Luke and Oliver and they went to talk to Percy and Annabeth while Belle walked over to Chiron.

"Are you prepared?" Chiron asked her, speaking gently. Belle nodded, although the little voice in her head was shouting no.

The centaur noticed her nervousness and sighed, "you've been here long enough. Its time you finally put your training to good use."

The strawberry blonde looked up at her mentor who had been like a second father to her all these years. She nodded and hugged him.

It caught Chiron by surprise but he hugged the small girl, patting her head gently.

"Now" he pulled away, "go on."

"But what if-"

"The future needs you my dear," Chiron nods, "the past does not."

Belle thought about that for a moment, taking it in before taking one last look at camp, and crossing the boarder.

-

The ride into Manhattan was magical to Belle. The entire time she was looking out the window in amazement and Argus, the caps security, drove them.

She stared into the greenery surrounding them, telling Grover about every plant they passed, he didn't seem to mind.

"Thats Wild Bergamot, but it hasn't bloomed yet" Belle told him with an excited tone, "they bloom from Summer to Fall...so maybe we'll see them on our way back!"

Grover nodded and listened to the nature loving girl.

"Whats that?" She asked as they passed a McDonalds.