𝐢 𝐫𝐞𝐟𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐫𝐨𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐨𝐦

"time to get up" Belle's father smiled as he woke her with a gentle stroke of her hair.

Belles young tired eyes opened groggily and looked at him. Her father was a busy man, always caught up with work, but he never failed to make time for her. He would often just bring Belle to work with him, where she would sit in a chair to large for her small five year old body, making her look much smaller than she really was. Although, Belle was always small for her age.

"I don't have work today" The man said gently, "so how about we do whatever you want today, Bean?"

Belle smiled and sat up, her hair a golden blonde, which meant it was spring. She never knew why but her hair seemed to change colours as the seasons changed.

"The garden" She said instantly, wanting nothing more but for her father to take her to watch over the tree she had worked so hard to grow.

He smiled, "the garden it is. You get ready and I'll meet you there"

After getting ready, Belles father took his daughter out to the garden where she found her tree. A willow tree, which she had been begging for. Of course her father was unsure of it but he was willing to do anything to make her happy.

"can we go to the bakery today dad?" She asked, but no one answered. Belle turned around to realize she was now alone.

Her heart broke a little, she didn't want to be alone again.

"This dream again?"

Belle turned around, now face to face with her mother, Persephone.

"It's nice" Belle spoke, her voice normal now as she realized she was back to her current age and appearance.

"You know that's not how it went...But, he's a good man, a fond memory" Persephone smiled and nodded, "awfully busy though. And of course, he's not exactly admired by everyone. Sometimes I worry that you and I will be the only ones to ever enjoy his company"

"that's rude" Belle pointed out.

Persephone let out a hum and walked up to the willow tree, "A little birdie told me about your quest. You've left camp?"

Belle followed the goddess, "yes mother"

"with the boy? Poseidon's son?"

"Percy" Belle corrected. "and yes"

"interesting"

Belle didn't like the sound of that. She knew her mother would be somewhat upset with her going on a quest against her husband. She thought of something smart to say instead.

"I didn't want to stay at camp. I had to get out"

Persephone thought about her daughters reasoning, "I understand. But I must warn you, this won't go how you want. There will be consequences."

The girl nodded, "I know."

"and you're alright with that?"

"Fooles Gambit" Belle said, although her mother wouldn't understand the significance of her saying that because of her saying the same thing to defend Percy.

Persephone took a deep breath, "Say hello to Aidoneus for me"

-

She woke up to Annabeth shaking her shoulder lightly.

Belle looked up at her best friend and yawned, sitting up. "morning.."