five.

WILLOW WAS HALF-LISTENING to the conversation going on around her.

The only thing that grabbed her attention was when Steven -who was a waiter at the tea party- came over to serve them tea and he and Shayla kept whispering in each other's ears, giggling.

Willow found them to be adorable.

Although, she did pick up on a few things from the conversation at her table, like how Cousins pretends to be woke and that most of these girls participate in the debutante for college applications. But her attention was fully brought back when the topic of the conversation turned to her and Belly.

"What about you?" a blond girl whose name was Marisa, asked the two girls and Willow immediately internally panicked, not having heard the question while all of the girls' gazes were on them.

"Oh, Belly and Willow are only sophomores. Right? I think that's what Conrad told me," Nicole replied for the both of them.

"Yeah, we'll be juniors in the fall," Willow added, once she caught up, in order to not look so out of place.

Some more questions followed about the two girls' lives and the topic finally reached Jeremiah and Conrad, which seemed to be the main thing that the rest of the girls were interested in.

"Uh, so is either of you and Jeremiah, like, a thing, or are you gonna take him to the ball?" a girl named Gigi asked the two girls, trailing off.

Willow's heartbeat picked up its pace at her words.

She averted her gaze on Belly, for help, but the girl had stuffed one of the sweets in her mouth and was struggling to reply.

"Oh, my God. Back off, Geeg," said Nicole, chuckling at Gigi's boldness, which made the rest of the table laugh too, except for Willow who just awkwardly smiled.

"It was a question," the blonde girl said defensively.

"They're, like, basically related, okay? You have nothing to worry about," Nicole continued, trying to calm the girl down.

At that, Willow felt Belly's gaze on her, which she ignored and just took a big sip out of her tea, wishing to be anywhere else but there at that moment.

"Gigi has had this thing for Jeremiah..." Nicole tried to explain to the two girls.

Willow shifted uncomfortably in her chair while throwing a quick glance at Gigi, who was blushing solely at the mention of his name.

She felt her ears flash, only then realizing that a scowl was slowly making its appearance on her face, instantly relaxing her muscles and acting like she wasn't bothered by the conversation.

"Ever since he got abs?" Shayla interrupted, teasing Gigi who looked annoyed at the comment.

"Relax. I'm not into Jeremiah Fisher," Shayla reassured her.

"Yeah, and you're noticing his abs?" Gigi said, looking at her pointedly.

"She's too busy eye-fucking the waiter," Marisa pointed out.

Willow sneakered at the statement which earned her a death glare from Belly.

"Dude, that's Belly's brother," Shayla said quickly, and at the realization, the rest of the girls broke into embarrassed laughs.

Belly's face had scrunched up into one of disgust, "Oh, that's gross."

"So, what's it like to live with Jeremiah and Conrad? Conrad's so mysterious," one of the girls asked and suddenly the whole table went silent and all the attention was on Willow and Belly.