III: THE ABDUCTION

"I'm just saying Todd, if you restock by going back to front instead of left to right it goes much faster," I sighed as I flipped through a magazine by the register.

"Yeah, yeah Delilah, you're just saying that because you're jealous of my superior restocking method," My coworker, Todd Jackson mused, happily stacking the plastic skulls left to right. I rolled my eyes and smiled. He started to wobble on top of his ladder and knocked a few spiders off the shelfs.

"Watch it Jackson!" My other coworker, Gwen yelled after a few spiders landed in her blonde and blue hair. "That boy is gonna be the death of us," she said to me. I laughed.

"What was that Gwen? I couldn't hear you over my awesome hair!" Todd laughed, resuming his stocking.

"Will he ever shut up about his hair?" I laughed.

Gwen looked at me, exhausted, "Never,"

Todd's hair recently grew out to what he deems as an afro, I'll admit it is an afro, a pretty nice one but he won't shut up about it.

"Isn't it amazing?" Todd said, grabbing a box of magic wands and heading to the magical section.

"Oh yes Todd, please tell me how I can get hair like that!" I fake enthused.

"It's pretty simple," he paused, "Just be black."

"OH MY GOD!" I slapped my hands to my face, "Why didn't I think about that?"

Gwen laughed and rolled her eyes, "Guess you're not as smart as you thought Delilah."

I shook my head, "Guess not."

One look at me and you would assume that I'm exactly the type who would love to work at Mister Magico's Haunted Emporium by my black hair with blonde streaks, septum piercing, and all black clothing. And they would be right. The Emporium focuses on the haunted, occult, and regular magic tricks, all things I adore. My coworkers are also really fun. If I'm gonna spend all my free time as a highschooler working crazy hours to provide for my siblings, I'm glad it's here. I man the register while Todd and Gwen are on stock. I like it here a lot, everything is amazing except when-

"Well, well, well look everyone, it's Deli." I hear the irritating voice of none other than Jason Powell, standing in front of my register with four football guys and two preppy girls

"Jason, what are you doing here?" I took a deep breath. I really didn't want to deal with this.

"Just wanted to repay the favor from early today?" He smiled, menacingly.

"Look Jason," I sighed, "I'm really not in the mood so if you're not gonna buy anything, get the hell out."

Jason chuckled and shook his head, "You really think I'm gonna let you go that easy?" His expression turned sinister and his jaw tightened, "No. I'm gonna fucking end you. And your little emo boyfriend isn't here to stop me."

"But I am," Gwen said rigidly. Her and Todd walked out from the cards section and stood by the register stand with Gwen with her arms crossed. "And if you don't get out of here, I'll call security and they'll haul your trust fund ass out of here."

"Like you're gonna make me scared, bitch." Jason snarled.

"Hey, dude. Get the fuck out of here." Todd said, pointing to the exit.