Chapter 2

Another school day had come to an end, and Gwen and I found ourselves walking together down the familiar streets towards my apartment. We have gotten really close over the past couple months and never spend a day apart."So, what's the plan for today?" Gwen asked, her tone casual as she swung her backpack over one shoulder.

I glance at her with a playful grin. "Well, I was thinking we could raid the fridge and just relax."

Gwen chuckles, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Sounds like the perfect way to unwind."

As we arrived at my doorstep, I unlocked the door and let Gwen inside. The comforting familiarity of my home welcomes me, and I kicked off my shoes before gesturing for Gwen to do the same.

Gwen looked around, taking in the surroundings with genuine interest. "Nice place you've got here."

"You act like you have never been here before" I reply with a slight chuckle. The two of us made our way to the kitchen, where I opened the fridge to reveal an array of snacks and leftovers. "Take your pick," I said with a grin, pulling out a few items.

Gwen surveyed the options and selected a container of leftover pizza. "Pizza it is." I chuckle at her lack of patience to eat the pizza.

With snacks in hand, we both settled in my bedroom. We talk about everything and nothing. Eventually, I glanced at the clock.

6:58pm

I nudged you on the shoulder, signalling for you to look at the clock. "Time flies when you're having fun." Gwen shook her head, a soft smile on her lips. "I'm in no rush." I'm a bit shocked at what she says. We have a maths test tomorrow and she is the biggest nerd I know. I was honestly surprised that she chose to hang out with me today instead of studying more to begin with.

"You do realise we have the maths test tomorrow, right?" I say with a bit of a smug smile. I feel smart being the one to remind her of school work for once, instead of the other way around.

"Yes, I remember. I'm prepared" Gwen says after sinking into the pillows a bit more, showing no desire to leave.

I chuckle, raising an eyebrow playfully. "Well, well, the overachiever is confident, huh? I have to admit, I'm a bit surprised you're not buried in your books right now."

Gwen grins, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Believe it or not, I can take a break every now and then. Besides, I've been studying for hours. A little relaxation won't hurt."

I shake my head in mock disbelief. "Who are you, and what have you done with my Gwen Stacy?"

Gwen rolls her eyes playfully. "Oh, come on. Can't a girl have a chill day without being interrogated?"

"Fine, fine," I concede, leaning back against the pillows as well. "But just so you know, if we both fail that maths test, I'm totally blaming you."

Gwen laughs, her laughter filling the room like music. It's a sound I've come to really enjoy, and it never fails to lighten the atmosphere. "Deal. But I have a feeling you'd fail regardless."

"Thanks for having faith in my maths skills." I say sarcastically. It is no secret that I am bad at maths.

"I can't even imagine a world where you're not acing every test." I tease, playfully rolling my eyes.

Gwen chuckles, her eyes sparkling with amusement. "Believe me, it's not all rainbows and unicorns in the world of A+ grades. There are definitely moments when I just want to throw all my textbooks out the window."

I raise an eyebrow, pretending to be scandalised. "Gwen Stacy, rebelling against textbooks? Now I've seen everything."

Gwen laughs again, and for a moment, it feels like all the stress and worries melt away. It's just the two of us, sharing light-hearted banter and genuine laughter.

"You know," Gwen says with a grin, "sometimes I envy your ability to not take everything so seriously."

I shrug, a small smile playing on my lips. "Hey, someone's gotta bring a little chaos to your orderly life."

Gwen nudges my shoulder playfully. "And I appreciate that someone."

Eventually, the alarm on my phone chimes, reminding us of the passing time. Gwen lets out a soft sigh, a hint of reluctance in her expression. "I guess I should really get going. You know, that maths test isn't going to study itself."

I feign a dramatic gasp. "Wait, you're telling me it's not going to magically appear in your brain because you're Gwen Stacy?"

Gwen smirks, giving me a playful shove. "As much as I wish that were true."

We both stand up, and I walk her to the door. There's a comfortable silence between us, and I can't help but feel a sense of gratitude for days like these.

As Gwen heads out the door, she turns back to me with a grin. "Thanks for the hangout, Y/n. We should do this every day."

I nod, returning her smile. "Definitely. Just promise me you won't skip too many classes, okay?"

Gwen raises an eyebrow, a sly smirk on her face. "Who says I skip classes?"

I chuckle, giving her a knowing look. "Oh, come on. I've seen you vanish into thin air on school days more times than I can count."

Gwen's expression shifts, a mix of surprise and amusement crossing her features. But there is also something else, an emotion that I can't quite recognize."You're more observant than you let on."

"I'm also observant enough to tell that you are trying to change the topic" I say with a bit of a smirk as she walks through the door. "We'll be talking about this tomorrow, Stacy."

The same unrecognisable look appears on her face again for a split second, only to change to an amused one. "I look forward to it then. See you tomorrow, Y/n"

"Bye, Gwen" I say, before shutting the door and jumping into bed with no study prep for the maths test. The only thing on my mind is how I have never noticed her disappearing act before. She always flake on everyone, and it is so out of character for her, the straight A student. I scroll on my phone for a few hours before I actually go to sleep, and when I do, it is now an "AM" type of situation.

Authors note:

Do americans say maths or math bc i'm kinda confused on that. Anyway I hope you enjoyed that chapter!