Chapter 9

Author's note: Can we please all appreciate how cute she looks in this pic <3

Y/n's POV:

Some days later, as life continued to unfold its rhythm, an unexpected invitation arrived. I had just settled into my room, sketchbook in hand, ready to let my thoughts flow onto paper, when my phone buzzed with a message. It was from Gwen, and my heart skipped a beat as I read the words.

Gweny-pie💗:The Mary Janes are performing at a club this weekend. You wanna come?

If I ever say no, I have been replaced by an evil robot

Saturday evening arrived, and I stood in front of the club, the sound of live music spilling out onto the streets. The neon sign above the entrance read "The Velvet Groove," casting a colorful glow on the sidewalk. My heart raced as I took a deep breath and walked inside.

The interior was dimly lit, the stage set up at the far end of the room. The crowd was a mix of excited chatter, laughter, and the clinking of glasses. I spotted Gwen near the stage, setting up her drum kit. She looked up and caught my eye, her face breaking into a bright smile that sent a wave of warmth through me.

As the band members finished setting up, the lights dimmed further, and the crowd's chatter turned into excited murmurs. The Mary Janes took their positions on the stage, and Gwen sat behind her drum kit, her presence radiating a mix of confidence and anticipation.

As the band played, Gwen's gaze found mine a few times, and each time, a connection passed between us. It was as if the music was a bridge, allowing our unspoken feelings to flow beneath the surface. 

As the final song played, the crowd's cheers and applause filled the room. The Mary Janes took their bows, the camaraderie between them evident in their smiles and playful interactions. Gwen's smile was radiant as she stood on stage, her eyes locking onto mine for a moment that felt like an eternity. 

After the performance, I joined the crowd in congratulating the band members. When I finally reached Gwen, she pulled me into a tight hug, her excitement infectious.

"Thank you for being here," she whispered in my ear.

"Of course," I replied, my heart racing from her proximity.

As the night came to an end, Gwen and I found ourselves outside the club, the bustling city around us. The air was cool, and the stars above were just beginning to twinkle.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the show," Gwen said, her voice soft.

"I did, more than I can say," I admitted, feeling a rush of bravery.

Gwen's gaze held mine, and there was a charged silence between us. The energy from the performance seemed to linger in the air, wrapping around us like a cocoon. It was a familiar feeling, one that had been growing stronger with each passing day. The unspoken tension that had been building, the subtle glances and shared moments, were now impossible to ignore.

Her fingers brushed against mine, and my breath caught in my throat at the electric sensation that shot through me. The air seemed to crackle with an unspoken energy, the awareness of each other's presence magnified.

"I'm really glad you came," Gwen said again, her gaze unwavering.

"I wouldn't have missed it for the world," I replied, my voice barely above a whisper.

We stood there, the distance between us closing as if drawn by an invisible force. The gravity of the moment hung heavy in the air, the world around us fading into the background. The cacophony of the city was replaced by the sound of our heartbeats, each thump echoing the unspoken truth between us.