Chapter 1: The Rose-Red Tyrant, Act 5

Story Guide:
"Hello" = Talking
'Hello' = Thinking, might mix with Memory dialogue
"Hello" = Memory dialogue
"Hello" = Whispering
▶: "Hello" = Author speaking
[Name]: "Hello" = Character speaking
{Insert} = Signature Spell
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-Cafeteria-

"Yeesh! That was terrifying", Cater remarked as he let out his bated breath "That guy... Has some serious issues", Grim added in a low voice "Hey, don't disrespect him!", Deuce defended as Ciel gave Grim a light flick on the forehead, to which the feline winced as he pouts.

"I totally just broke rule 186: "Never eat a hamburger on Tuesday.", I don't know what I would have done if he'd caught me! I wish he wouldn't come here so we could at least eat lunch in peace", Sebastian overhears a few tables away, the student seeming to be on edge.

Cater and Trey remained silent as they overheard it too "Riddle managed to secure the housewarden title before the end of his very first week at school. I know he can come off a bit harsh, but he's not a bad guy. Everything he does, he does because he thinks it'll improve the dorm", Trey brought up as he tried to steer away from the rising tension.

Ciel continued to listen about the Heartslabyul Housewarden, he has an intention but won't reveal it anytime soon "Would a good guy go around putting collars on strangers' necks?", Grim responded with a deadpanned stare as he crossed his front arms.

The two juniors nervously laughed it off "What's this "signature spell" he mentioned? I'm inclined to know", Ciel mentioned "Hm? You're curious about Riddle's signature spell?", Cater questioned as Ciel nodded "That means, like... It's a spell that only he can cast, right?", Deuce deducted as Trey agreed with him.

"I doubt he's the only person in the whole world. But yes, a signature spell is a magical ability that is, generally speaking, unique to its user. You'll learn about them in class soon enough", Trey replied as he reassured the freshmen, although he couldn't say much about the two Victorians.

"Riddle's signature spell allows him to seal away the magic of another temporarily, the spell is named {Off With Your Head!}", Cater summarized "Even the name is completely psycho!", Grim fearfully remarked "To a mage, losing the ability to use magic is about as painful as losing your head completely. This is why all of us at Heartslabyul House try hard not to violate Riddle's rules", Cater added as a drop of sweat ran down his cheek.

"And as long as you are following the rules, Riddle isn't so scary", Trey comforted "Speaking of which, are you still not gonna let me into the dorm until I buy a tart, Cater?", Ace asked, seeming to find the idea of apologizing futile after the encounter.

"Don't @ me but... Yeah, that's rule 53, so my hands are tied. Also, Riddle always looks forward to having the first slice of a tart. So if you want him to forgive you, you had better bring a whole tart!", Cater replied as he tried to give the troubled freshman support.

"What happened to "We're all from the same dorm, let's try to get along?" Throw me a bone here!", Ace exclaimed as he started getting tired of the back-and-forth attitude of the junior "That's one thing, this is another", Cater clarified in his defense.

"A whole tart has gotta be pretty expensive", Deuce nervously mentioned "Seriously? I don't have that much money!", Ace grumbled as he started to run out of options "Then why not make one yourself? Trey made those three tarts by hand, after all", Cater recommended while complimenting the other junior.

"Wow, that's amazing! It has to be cheaper than buying one", Grim praised as he started to ponder on how delicious Trey's pastries might taste. "You made those tarts, Trey? That's incredible! That was like something you'd find at a bakery!", Ace complimented as the junior dismissed the statement with a chuckle.