𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟓: 𝐢𝐯𝐲

𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐠: 𝐢𝐯𝐲, 𝐛𝐲 𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐰𝐢𝐟𝐭

Davina's POV

IN THE HEART OF THE BAU, THE ROUNDTABLE ROOM ALWAYS EXUDES AN AURA OF ANTICIPATION AND INTELLECTUAL FERVOUR. Bathed in the soft, steady glow of the overhead lights, the room is a haven of meticulous analysis and profound insights. The table is both a stage and a sanctuary, a place where the dance of deduction unfolds. The air is alive with a palpable energy- a blend of curiosity and gravity- that envelops each member as they open their case files. Pens are poised like eager sentinels, ready to transcribe the cadence of their thoughts onto crisp sheets of paper.

"My beautiful angels, today we're off to wonderful New York City," Penelope parades around the oval room with her tablet, clicking the television screen on, "where there is some not-so-wonderful naughty business going on."

I relax back in the leather seat as an accumulation of pictures flash up on the screen, "4 people have been shot along Delancey Street, which is an inner-city business district. All injuries were nonfatal, but the victims saw nothing which points towards who the UNSUB is."

"This victimology is very random," Derek points out from beside me, looking up from the files, "Are we sure there is a specific UNSUB and it's not just a coincidence?"

"The likelihood of these attacks happening within such small geographical limits is extremely low, especially since this has happened just within the last week," Spencer says in response.

I skim through the rest of the file, making a mental note of things I want to come back to, "So it's most likely that there'll be another victim while we're there." I determine.

"Is there CCTV footage from the street, Garcia? We might be able to find someone common at each site." Emily asks, hair flicking over her shoulder as she does.

Penelope sighs lightly, "It's sparse, but I'll see what I can do."

Emily and I hadn't seen each other since that final, tense day at the camp. After speaking only necessary words to each other at the final tasks to get through it, I decided it was best to just abandon any attempts to make amends. We could work together, but apart from that, there wasn't any need to take it further.

"It's vital we get on this quick." Hotch concludes, before looking up at the team, "Everyone, wheels up in 30."

I grab the file and stand, making the decision to avoid the crossfire of Emily and begin to walk to the door, but I'm stopped in my tracks by Hotch. He looks at me with that indescribable intensity of his and asks, "Can I see you for a moment?"

My heart immediately beats a little sharper, what have I done this time? "Yeah, of course." I nod with fake agency, then follow him out of the room and into the confines of his office.

"What can I do for you?" I ask, stepping further inside as he travels swiftly to his desk. He doesn't reply, instead just pushes a sheet of paper towards me. I follow his gesture, walking over and picking it up to scan.