Intro

"Nami, please don't make me do it," you whined at the redhead in front of you, closing the menu in the process.

That woman was insane. Utterly insane. As much as you loved her, now she really only wanted to see you suffer, you were sure of that. You were sitting inside one of your go-to cafés, catching up on life, and most importantly, the annual Halloween party she was hosting in a few days. Like every year it was BYOB and food, but hey, she offered her place and that was good enough. None of your other friends either had places quite as big as hers or were willing to put up with the neighbours' noise complaints to host the party at their place, and so you were all grateful that Nami had offered hers for the past few years.

She answered your whining with a laugh, waving a hand over her head and flagging a waiter to finally have someone pick up your order.

After thoroughly discussing whether the breakfast special could be extended until 2p.m., including the massive discount, she pointed at her order, switching her attention back and forth between the waiter and you.

Her impressive haggling skills never ceased to amaze you, but they were sometimes a bit much and so, by the time she was finished ordering, you had almost disappeared under the table, only your nose upwards peeking out as your face steamed from embarrassment.

Nami, don't ruin this café, too! I'm too embarrassed to visit half the city by now.

"Come on, (Y/N), everybody is in on it," Nami jested without humouring your embarrassment.

Your face pulled into a deep frown at this piece of information while you reluctantly pulled yourself out from under the table and pointed at the menu before you watched the waiter stalk off.

"Yeah, great for them. They don't have to convince him to do it!"

"Oh, come on, (Y/N). Seeing him in your clothes is literally what we are all looking for."

Yep, that was the motto for this year's Halloween party. Lovingly labelled as 'Role Reversal' each couple had to swap clothes with each other for this year's costume. Initially, you had been extremely excited when you were informed of the theme. You had already imagined yourself in a comfy oversized sweater or wearing an accessory, but Nami quickly crushed your expectations when she informed you that you had to swap all clothes. She also didn't fail to emphasise that you were only allowed to enter her flat when you did that, and based on how stubborn that innocent looking woman was, you knew she wasn't joking.

You had no issue wearing his clothes. Your better half was the issue. The two of you had been a couple for quite some time. The issue, therefore, wasn't whether you felt comfortable enough to ask ridiculous things of him. The issue was...this ridiculous thing in particular.

He loved you, and you loved him, and the two of you had shared your fair share of embarrassing moments together, but this one was public. Everyone would see him at the party, and you weren't quite sure whether he was up for that.

"So, you all want me to die," you sighed, dropping your head on the table a little too forcefully and feeling the sting travel through your front. You quickly debated facepalming yourself for being an idiot, but that would have only worsened the small headache your involuntarily forceful rendezvous with the table already gave you, and so you opted against it.

Nami only laughed at your quiet grumbling. Leaning back against the backrest of the booth, she fiddled with her phone, waiting for you to stop your childish tantrum, but upon realising that you were in fact not stopping, she rolled her eyes at you.