013

Hongjoong 

"Play nice." My father warned. The people we were meeting were about fifteen minutes late. If my dad wasn't friends with them, then he'd never let that slide. Hell, I barely let it slide because I wanted this over and done with. 

I didn't know how long I had zoned how for until I heard the door open faintly and heard my dad's boisterous laugh. I turned around to see them. 

"Hongjoong, meet Park Seonghwa." My dad said but our eyes were already locked on each other. 

Without warning I burst out laughing. 

Oh my god. 

This was so dumb. 

"Hongjoong!" I heard my dad hissed, furious that I reacted the way I did. 

This was so funny, it really was. Just the most ridiculous thing ever. Out of anyone that could've shown up...it had to be him. Someone definitely was playing tricks on us, finding amusement in our interactions. It was the only thing that made sense to me. 

"I'm so sorry." I continued laughing, "This is so rude and unprofessional." 

I finally calmed down to see Seonghwa's face and even though he acted more professional than I did, I still saw the hint of a smile on his lips.  

I had to escape to the bathroom, splashing water on my face. I heard the door open and it made me lift my head, just to see Seonghwa standing there in the reflection of the mirror. 

He looked...really good. I had never seen him wearing formal attire, it suited him. He swept his black hair back, standing there awkwardly. 

"So..." He said, breaking the silence and for whatever reason I chuckled. Seeing my reaction he loosened up a bit, a smile forming over his own face. "Well, that was awkward." 

I turned around, drying my hands off. "We're dumb as shit because how did we go this long without knowing that the deal was with each other?" 

"I mean, to be fair, we've been a little busy hating each other's guts to think about work." He said, moving from the doorway. 

"Are we keeping with the theme of probably crossing too many boundaries?" I asked, folding my arms. I needed to check what was okay to do with him. He gave me a small smile, giving a slight nod. "You look good." 

He immediately got shy, the smile he wore only growing. "Yep, that definitely crosses some boundaries enemies are supposed to have." 

"I guess neither of us followed our dreams." I sighed, leaning against the bathroom counter. Everything about this should've been weird, but instead it felt comfortable to talk to him like this, which only made it more weird. 

His smile faltered and it made me regret bringing it up. "I feel like fate has it out for us, you know? I mean, if I didn't come back when I did, we would've seen each other eventually because of the company's merging." 

I chuckled, "That's true! The world is out to get us." 

He shrugged, "Maybe the world knows something we don't yet."