Chapter 1

I rowed away from the ship as fast as I could. I probably wouldn't make it through the night but it was worth a shot, right? Suddenly, I saw a green light and then a ship. I rowed up next to it and climbed up the side. When I stepped on the deck, I saw no one. Maybe it was empty. The captain's door busted open and I realised that I was wrong about it being vacant. A man with curly, dark brown hair pointed his sword at my throat.

"What are you doing here?" he asked, glaring at me. I put my hands up in surrender.

"I thought it was empty." Then, his crew rushed out and restrained me even though I didn't actually pose a threat. Well, at least I didn't think that I did.

"Take her to the spare cabin and lock it," he ordered. I went without much fight, mainly because he took my sword. They shoved me into a room that had a bed, an end table, a lamp, and a book. I crawled into the bed and fell asleep from exhaustion.

********

"Let's show her some fun boys," the captain yelled and the crew cheered.

"Yeah, let's see if she likes it rough." The woman whimpered as the captain ripped off her clothes and pushed her against the ground.

I was shaken awake by one of the crewman.

"The captain wants to see you for breakfast."

"I refuse to go," I said defiantly.

"You dohn't have a choice. Go or be killed." I sighed in defeat and let the man lead me to the Captain's cabin. When I walked in, he was sitting at a table, eating. He motioned for me to sit and I did. He placed a plate of food in front of me, but I refused to eat. He just shook his head at me.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

"Captain Will Turner."

"I am Rosalie Peters. What do you want from me?" I asked him, annoyed. Will leaned forward.

"I want information." I raised my eyebrows at him. He continued talking.

"I want to know about an Elizabeth Swann." I gave him a surprised look. What did he want with Elizabeth?

"Why?" I asked him suspiciously.

"She's a friend. So tell me, how has she been lately?" I stared down at my hands before speaking.

"She died a few months ago from childbirth." Will gave me a startled look before looking frantic.

"What about my son?" It was my turn to give him a startled look. He looked down at the tabled after he realised that he had let something slip.

"You're the pirate father that she had told me about." He nodded.

"So what about my son?" he asked again.

"I left him in the care of my parents a few months ago."

"What about the baby? Did it survive?" I shook my head.

"How much do you know about me?" He asked, catching me off guard a little bit.

"I know that you're a pirate, that you're the father of both children, and that you were on Jack Sparrow's crew before. That's about it."

"Do you know about a chest?" I nodded.

"She kept a chest that she protected with her life. She wouldn't tell me anything about it. William took it with him to my parents." I took a bite of my food after that.

'What were you to Elizabeth?"

"Her best friend. I was William's godmother," I replied.

"What do you mean was?" I swallowed my food quickly before answering.

"I'm wanted for stealing. I couldn't stay and care for William without getting arrested." Will gave me a look that said that he understood. Yet, the guilt gnawed at me. I stood up and headed for the door. I stopped and said,"Thanks for the food," before walking back to the cabin. I picked the book off of the table and read the title. It said:

"The Curse of The Flying Dutchman." I opened the first page and began reading.

"There must always be a captain. The captain can only come on land once every ten years. The captains keeps his heart locked in a chest." The last sentence made sense of why Will had asked about the chest. Suddenly, I felt a blast and the ship started rocking. There was alot of yelling and metal against metal sounds.

***Sorry if this isn't too good. I wrote it in less than a half of an hour.***