Chapter 10

***So I was expecting four more chapters after this. I realized I only have two including the epilogue. I just want this done and over with. I know that it isn't fair to you, the readers and supporters, but I can't stand this story. It's like decaf coffee of my stories. I just don't want to finish it. But I will. It will end badly, either with the characters or the plot.***

We stood out on the boat, the treasure chest open, the heart glaring at us.

"Are you ready?" I asked the three men in front of me. They each nodded.

"Okay. Jack, you first." Jack picked up the stake.

"This will work, won't it"? he asked and I nodded, almost hesitantly. Without anymore prodding, Jack stuck the stake into the heart. Will wheezed and coughed before dissolving in air. This is where we had to act quick. If Will crossed over, I couldn't revive him. Right now, he was in the in-between.

"Okay, your turn, Blackbeard," I said before reaching into his chest and pulling out his heart. He collapsed to the ground, wheezing but still alive. I took the heart to the transmutation circle that I had drawn.

Standing in the naked sun
all their lives to be undone
all for deeds too harsh to fathom
shaking there from head to bottom
in the naked sun
in the naked sun

on the scaffold six nooses hanging
breeze not blowing
clouds not moving
creaking pine planks
heavy breathing
standing in the naked sun

crowd is sweating
preacher chanting
last words short
the end is coming
and the hoods slip on and over
as the rope surrounds each neck

all is hushed
and all is silent
all is over
but the waiting
then the thud
as trap door opens
broken lives
all swinging free

they call it justice
an end to evil
a breeze sneaks by
that dusts the people
and creaks the ropes
of long dashed hopes
as hell awaits
those now dead folks

In the naked sun
In the naked sun

A great burst of light filled the ship, emitting from the circle. When the light died down and I could finally see, Will was looking up at me, dazed. When I looked behind me I saw that Blackbeard was indeed dead. I bent down and helped Will to his feet.

"How are you feeling?" I asked. He didn't respond, just kissed me on the neck.

"I think that you need to lie down," I said, leading him to a cabin. He smirked.

"Only if you join me." I furrowed my eyebrows.

"You are acting weird. Why?" He pulled me closer to him.

"Because, I realized that I could've lost you in a matter of seconds."

"Well, you didn't," I countered.

"I know." He lead me into the cabin, lying down just as I instructed, before I joined him as well.

*

***All that's left now is the epilogue:(***