Chapter three

Usually after school, I spend at least half an hour waiting outside the school gates smoking a cigarette and waiting for potential customers to my 'business'. They either give me the money and I hand them the completed assignment or they give me the assignment that is yet to be completed. My clientele usually consisted of rich, older, boys with daddy's money who if we bumped into each other any other place than here, would probably jump me. Not lying.

However, today was different. I went to stand by my usual spot and as soon as I took out my cigarette and lit it a masculine hand took it straight out of my mouth. And of course, it was Xavier Genovese towering over me taking a pull out of my cigarette. I've never understood why people share cigarettes, it's never really appealed to me, in fact, it makes me outright disgusted. But of course, because Xavier put his mouth on the cigarette I wanted even more to do the same Jesus Christ, what has become of me. 

I silently berate myself and shake my head for thinking such disgusting things when he starts speaking. 

"What are you doing?" he says in a mocking tone before handing the cigarette back to me. 

I take it between my forefinger and middle finger, looking at it for a while, contemplating whether or not I should smoke this tempting contaminated Xavier cigarette. Of course, I chose to smoke it then breathing the smoke back into his face while saying that I was doing nothing and asking what he was doing. 

"Picking you up, the car is right there." He points to a black SUV with a tall handsome man in an all-black suit leaning on the driver's door.

"Yeh... no." he scoffs at my answer as if no one has ever said no to him in his entire life. I guess there's a first for everything.

"Yeh... that wasn't really a question princess." He then takes my bag that was leaning on my leg on the ground over his shoulder and in one motion grabs me by the arm and drags me into the car before and I can even think of fighting back against his very strong grip I'm in the car while he straps the seatbelt around me clipping it in. He then closes the door, walks around the car, and sits next to me in the back seat. WHAT. THE. FUCK. JUST. HAPPENED.

"HEY!" I yell causing the driver to look back at us through the rearview mirror. 

"Andiamo Valentino." He says to the driver and the driver starts driving. 

"No Valentino, fermati adesso." I say to the driver, my Italian wasn't too great but I understood the basics and a little bit more, like I could have a full conversation with someone but I would struggle here and there so I'm not fluent. 

Valentino, the driver, flat-out ignores me and carries on driving like nothing had been said. OH MY GOD! I'M LITERALLY GETTING KIDNAPPED. LORD HELP ME!  

"You speak Italian?" Xavier said to me.

"Don't be so surprised. I'm Valedictorian in one of the most prestigious high schools in the country, do you really not expect me to know one of the most well-known languages in the world?" I said with a lot more attitude than I intended. Anyway, he deserved it, he's literally kidnapping me. I'm not about to be nice to my kidnapper, the fuck.

I cross my arms and side-eye him. 

"You're right, sorry princess." Ignoring his response I reach into my phone in the inside of my blazer pocket. I flipped open the phone and dialed Dianna's number.

Xavier next to me was busy on his phone ignoring my presence and didn't realize my flip phone. 

"Heyyyyy, girl, "Dianna says on the other end. 

"Just so you know, I'm pissed at you." 

"WHYYYYYYYYYY!" she responds clearly high, the signal wasn't so great either so she definitely wasn't at home.