Chapter four

"Hey wake up, we're going to be late." I open my eyes to see that I am not in fact on the small old brown couch in my small apartment, instead, I'm in a bed with grey silk sheets, the best pillow in the whole universe, like I had zero neck ache- it was a dream come true. The bed had a huge grey headboard and was surrounded by more grey modern interior design, with a Monet directly above the bed looking very out of place.

I then look to the left of me to find a very tall Xavier watching over me with an expression I can't quite discern. Kill me now. I wanted to go home not spend the night at Xavier's house and how did I end up in this room? OH MY GOD. AM I IN HIS BED? DID I SLEEP WITH XAVIER GENOVESE? 

"Oh my God. Is this your bed? Did we..." I give him a hopeful look, hoping we didn't do anything that I would regret.

"Do what?" he gives me a 'confused' expression trying to not give anything away but I know he knows what I'm talking about. "Huh" Oh now he's teasing.

"You know..."

"Know what." He's going to be the death of me, or actually he'll be the death of himself... yeh I'll probably murder if I don't die first. 

"Xavier Genovese," I say his full name in the hopes of... I actually don't know, I'm just pissed. Leave me alone.

"Emari Davis." He says mockingly back to me.

"Ugh!" I say in defeat and lie back down in the bed and hide myself with the duvet. Is this his bed? Oh my soul are these his sheets? I'm Lying in Xavier Genovese's bed! It doesn't smell like him though. What am I talking about? Have I already memorized his scent? What has become of me?

I quickly jumped out of bed and eyed the bed in suspicion, as if it had done some wrong to me instead of giving me the best night's sleep ever, which it did. Ugh, I just love that bed. But at the same time that's his bed, how can I love something of his when he hates me? Just doesn't make any sense. Gosh, I'm confused.

"What are you doing princess?" He says while straightening his school tie in the mirror.

"Stop calling me princess!" 

"Still haven't answered me princess." this time he emphasized the way he said princess, in a tone that was meant to annoy me. God, he's so insufferable. Every minute longer I spend with this man I want to kill either him or myself simply because he's always irritating me in some way. 

Right now the thought of strangling him was the only thing to bring me comfort. 

"You said you would take me home last night..." I look around the room, "This doesn't look very much like my home does it, Xavier? In fact, this is actually the total opposite of my home." with my hands on my hips, I look at him expectantly. 

"You looked too peaceful asleep to wake up," he says matter-of-factly with a shrug as he exits the room. And of course, I follow him. With my crinkled school uniform and missing school shoes, I walk out of the room into the hallway with paintings covering the walls. A wide variety of art spread across the two walls between the doors of bedrooms. 

Immediately I forgot about Xavier Genovese and admired the art in front of me. Wow. Everything here is so beautiful. Dad would love this. I wish I could show it to him. 

"Breakfast is ready by the way." I gasped loudly because I hadn't realized he was still by my side. Gasping for air I grab his arm to steady myself only for his whole body to stiffen at my touch. Quickly I released him because he's obviously repulsed by me, it didn't matter. I then walked away.

"Which way's the kitchen?" I ask after realizing the direction I was walking was the wrong way. 

"Other way princess."