≍ Storm Buddies

Rain pours down, but it's not the gloomy type. The sky's a bit grey, dotted with clouds here and there. The rain's not heavy, but it's enough to make everything damp and chilly, with lightning flashing now and then.

The sky's just waking up. Stars are still visible, twinkling above my head, slowly fading as the sun's light grows. The colours of the night are still around. The sky of dark blue to red and orange hues.

The hard forest ground turns to squishy mud under my feet. The smell of wet earth fills the air as I run to find shelter, an old tent made of sticks and cloth.

I duck under the tent, feeling my wet clothes stick to my cold skin. I shiver, my teeth chatter. I smell awful. I run my hands through my hair, wondering how to get home. I look at my hand and see my fingertips turning blue. I blow hot breath on my cold hands, a puff of fog appears, then goes back to the cold.

"I'm alone and cold," I say quietly.

A twig snaps, and I look up.

Something moves. I pull open the tent’s door.

A figure in red stands there, its eyes looking hateful and judgmental. Then, I find myself outside the tent, looking down at a young man sitting in the mud, scrambling. The rain continues to fall, washing the dirt from his face, but his hood shadows his face, as dark as space.

I look and forget about the rain, the cold breeze, and the sounds.

It's cold and quiet.

His head is bowed, out of my sight. He scrambles, patting his bag in a panic, shaking it, and wiping off the dirt.

I look down, not confused, but curious.

I see his mouth moving, saying words I can't hear but somehow understand. Each silent word hits me like a bang. He looks up, his eyes like two stars in the void of space. He looks into my eyes, angry yet respectful, yelling continuously. Yet, I just stare because it's addicting to feel warmth, to have some company even if it's unwanted.

------------
Hey there! Thanks for at least taking a peek.

I often change it and it was supposed to be longer on the first ch but I got lazy to finish the entire first ch where they meet so I shorten and change it.

I can't give my 100% on this story because of many reasons like doing projects, researching, reading and summarizing different chapters of stories and reporting stuff. I'm busy but I'll keep on writting this story.

Have a good day. :)