Chapter: 2. [Meeting You...]

Yash let out a frustrated groan. "Mom, why won't you listen to me? I told you I'd come pick you up."

Bindiya replied calmly, "Yash, beta, appreciate your concern, but I'm not a child. I'll take a taxi; I don't want to trouble you."

Yash firmly responded, "No, mom, it's not a request - wait for me, I'm almost on my way," before hanging up the phone, cutting off further argument.

Bindiya sighed, shaking her head, "This boy, sometimes..."

Yash Rajput, a successful business scientist with a well-paying job and loving family, prioritized their happiness and safety above all.

As the family matriarch, Bindiya Rajput's decisions were always respected. While occasionally careless and childish, she was a kind-hearted and elegant lady rooted in traditional values.

Her husband, Shahir Rajput, a retired marine officer, was feared for his tough exterior, but those close to him knew he was a loving father and husband.

*******

Yash pov :-

I asked my mother, who was visibly shaking, if she was alright.

She replied, "Nothing, beta, I'm fine. I was almost hit by a car while crossing the road."

"What about the girl who was with you, I inquired anxiously?"

" That girl saved me" my mother said, I didn't even have the chance to thank her properly. Then she stood up from the bench.

"Let me handle this, Mom, you just sit here" I said, and I headed in the direction my mother had indicated, where the girl was waiting.

"Please be kind to her"my mother implored.I rolled my eyes and continued on my way.

Across the road, she stood out, wearing a vibrant yellow kurti paired with light blue jeans that accentuated her hourglass figure. Her hair was styled in a loose bun, with a few stray strands framing her delicate cheeks. Although her back was turned, I could sense her beauty, a natural charm that surpassed the polished looks of magazine models. I found myself drawn to her, curious about her face and overall appearance. At that moment, she was engrossed in texting on her phone.

After ogling her, I shouted to get her attention, saying "Suniye...? Hello...?" but she ignored me and didn't turn back. Feeling snubbed, I stomped my foot and muttered, "How rude." My mom then asked me, "Yash, why didn't you thank her?" I retorted, "Mom, I tried, but some people are incredibly rude. Who does she think she is, ignoring Yash Rajput like that?" I exclaimed in frustration, "How rude!" Just then, an unfamiliar voice behind me countered, "Don't you think, young man, that you're the one being rude here?"

I spun around to face the voice and found myself standing before a man roughly my father's age.

"I think you misinterpreted my daughter; she wasn't ignoring you," he said with a furrowed brow.

"Why not?" I inquired, perplexed.

"Uh, well...she simply can't hear you, or anyone else for that matter," he explained, apologizing for his daughter. Despite his apparent annoyance, his tone remained courteous. Just as I was about to respond, he turned to leave.

Only then did the weight of his words sink in...was she truly unable to hear me?

"Yash, you should apologize to her; you were in the wrong," my mother chimed in, her voice laced with guilt.

But what exactly should I be apologizing for: misunderstanding her or unknowingly interacting with someone who is deaf?

Why do people overreact and pity her just because she's deaf? Can't she be treated like anyone else? Doesn't she feel uncomfortable when others view her as special or pitied?

Is it strange that I'm concerned about a stranger's feelings?

When the elderly man tapped her shoulder, she turned around with a radiant smile, revealing her stunning beauty. I was captivated by her and couldn't help but notice my heart beating faster as I glanced in her direction again.What is this sensation I've never experienced before?

I was transfixed, captivated by her innocent gaze and enchanting smile, which radiated purity.

"Isn't she lovely?" a voice interrupted.

"Absolutely," I replied, unaware I was smiling to myself.

Who was speaking? I suddenly recognized the voice.

"Mom, what are you talking about?" I asked frantically, realizing my foolish grin.

"Look, she's leaving," she said sorrowfully.

I quickly turned back to the girl, and indeed she was departing; I had to at least thank her.I sprinted towards her, and as she turned around, she waved at my mom, a faint smile on her face, dislodging a small star from her bracelet.

Before I could reach her, she got into her car and drove off, leaving me with a pang in my heart.

My gaze fell upon the tiny star from her bracelet that I had tucked away in my blazer pocket.

"Don't worry, Yash, if it's meant to be, you'll cross paths with her again," my mom reassured me, patting my back.

"Mom, what are you talking about with fate and all that? I just wanted to thank her for saving you," I replied, evading her playful glance.

"Liar, your eyes lit up like an LED light when you saw her face, it's okay," she said with a wink. "I'm your mother, after all, and I have to admit, she seems lovely."

"Mom!" I exclaimed, feeling my face warm up. Was I actually blushing?

"What's wrong, you were gazing at her like she was a masterpiece," she teased, opening the car door.

"Can we please drop this for now, Mom?" I asked, starting the car.

"Fine, I'll keep quiet," she said, mimicking zipping her lips. "Happy now?"

"That's better," I replied.

******
To be continued

Hello lovelies

Finally we are meeting Yash!

I wanted to add more but my mind is not working recently but that's ok sh*t happens

Request to silent readers out there
Please you guys only need 5 seconds to vote and comment while writing one chapter takes 5 hours for me😔

I hope you will support me

Thank you for reading till here!🤌💕