25 years later (A New Beginning)

25 years later, in the distant future, the neighborhood of Shikumen in the Shanghai province of China has been changed in the space age, and all of the neighbors, new and old, either passed away or died of natural deaths. Back inside the house, an elderly school teacher with dark brown eyes and long, straight, waist-length gray hair tied in a bun sitting on the rocking chair and reading a book while drinking a cup of green tea, she was now wearing a maroon jacket under the same red sleeveless cheongsam blouse, a pair of black leggings, and brown slippers. Just then, an elderly baker with a pair of eyeglasses under dark brown eyes, gray chin-length hair, and a messy beard, wearing a red tang suit, a white apron, and a pair of black kung fu shoes, holding a tray of gingerbread cookies, they were none other than Kai and Mirabella who have grown older. Just then, a pair of workers with black hair and blue eyes an revealed to be Haru and Luna. Haru had grown his messy hair with a red-blue streak and Luna's short brown-highlighted hair had a shaven on the left side of her head. However, because of their gifts from the boys, they are now wearing theirs, Haru donned an eyepatch on the right eye, a hook for his left hand, and a pegleg for his right leg as a result of the major accident but Haru wears a ninja mask to hide her scar on her forehead.

"Māmā, wǒmen huíláile," said Haru, he was wearing a tricorne hat and ninja gi suit and Luna wore pirate clothing consisting of a white long-sleeved blouse, brown vest, black pants with a brown belt, and a pair of boots.

"ěn bàoqiàn wǒmen zài dǎjí fànzuì fāngmiàn chídàole," explained Luna, beside the kids, a familiar elderly old man with blue eyes and gray hair, wearing black ninja gi suit, a pair of brown boots, red coat, and tricorne hat.

"Nǐ hǎo." greeted the familiar old man.

"Taiyōtsuki!" gasped Mirabella, recognizing the old man as her long-lost lover, Taiyōtsuki Hoshi Fujii, the pirate ninja, he opened his arms, walked to his former lover, and hugged her.

"Now you know, we always find faith in the house and we would never give up faith inside. Without the serum, I couldn't see you again because I'm grateful that our children have grown stronger," said Taiyōtsuki.

"I know. You should have told them the truth long ago until you came," replied Mirabella.

"I heard Scott's dream was awry that time when he told us that there was an unstoppable, undefeated, powerful devil who was hunting those bad people for heinous acts until we decided to save these people by using the True Potential Serum to change their fates in time," explained Haru.

"In fact, we found Veronica, she was committing all of the crimes for years," added Luna, beside her, was a wrinkled pirate captain with gray shoulder-length hair and green eyes, wearing a dirty cream-white button-up shirt with tattered hems, a pair of black leggings with a brown belt, and brown bucket-top boots. As a  captain, she wears a maroon jacket with ochre collars and gold buttons.  She also sports a maroon tricorne hat, an eyepatch over her right eye, a black glove covering her left prosthetic arm, and she got a pair of wooden peglegs, she was none other than Veronica Waygetter.

"Ahh!!!" gasped Mirabella, recognizing her former bully and best friend, she smiled and Veronica looked away frowning.

"Go away." refused Veronica bitterly.

"Listen, Veronica and I have worked as partners to commit crimes in the past 34 years, but she felt remorseful that she couldn't risk losing herself," explained Taiyōtsuki.

"It's true, that's why I couldn't risk losing anyone I care about if they were in danger, even my baby." sniffled Veronica tearfully, revealing that she couldn't risk losing her son so she left to protect him from danger, and prevent him from becoming like her. Then, the two elderly men with black eyes and hair wearing both gray tangzhuang shirts and black shoes.