Prolouge

The day was cloudless.
Sun. Only sun. Except for the large cloud of smoke exiting the open windows of an old 1980 Cadillac, driving down a highway, painted the color of gold. Inside sat a man with honey hued hair, bright spring green eyes and tinted skin, gagging on the smoke as he pulled to the side of the road. Stepping out, it was shown that he was dressed in a white button up t-shirt and black jeans. The man made his way around to the back of the car, quickly opening the trunk, smoking pouring out in a cloud of white gas. He coughed as he eyes teared up, refusing to close as he searched the back for the problem.

A fist shot from the smoke straight into the man's gut, making him recoil in pain and shock. The hand dropped what looked to be a flare before disappearing again into the thick, white mist.

"I don't have time for this." A figure shot from the trunk down the road, flipping off his captor as he sprinted down the concrete. This man had hair the color of oak and eyes a shade of mud, wearing a blue button up shirt with a loose tie and jeans.

"See you around chippy!" He cackled, continuing his run down the side of the road.

"You-GET BACK HERE! PINETREE!" The race was on. The blonde wasn't to far behind, long recovered from his hit and was closing in fast. Blue shirt swerved into the grass next to the freeway, hoping to trip up his, now very close, pursuer.
Not a chance.
The blonde launched himself into the back of his captive and tackled him, both yelling as they hit the ground.

To the cars passing by, the scene seemed questionable, one man dragging another man back to the car while both yelled profanities at each other. To them, one was a bounty hunter while the other was a journalist, both long divorced and now holding the title of ex-husbands.