Chapter 7

REUBEN • POV

Ambushed.

I was ambushed, I was cornered, I was strategically bombarded, gang banged without the banging and officially at war.

Bounding through the front door after hanging out in the park with Mister Hopper and his estranged cousins, I had expected to be welcomed into the loving embrace of my Daddy's buff arms. In my fantasy version of events, we would exchange blowjobs in the living room, frolic naked in the shower, and then retreat to bed after feeding each other a yummy dinner.

Instead, enemy number one was sprawled on my couch, a mighty fine, hunk of a man, looking way too comfortable in his dark slacks and plain black shirt stretched over large muscles. Nolan's black was hair swept back off his stunning face, stylish thin silver framed glasses popped up on his strong nose bridge, sinful pink lips poised at a bottle of beer, sharp blue eyes trained right on me.

How could someone so devious and evil, look so fucking sexy? Nine-one-one, I'd like to report a crime!

Traitor number two, was sitting beside him, a little too close for comfort. What, were they buddies now? Chummy pals? Bonding over Reuben's misery? How dare they? Daddy, looking fine as fuck himself, still in his powersuit, presenting as a submissive's wet dream with his short kinky curls and intense olive eyes, didn't even get up to greet me airport style!

Did I mean nothing to him?!

I closed the front door behind me slowly, suppressing the urge I had to slam it shut. After my card declined at the counter at the bakery and being deprived of slushies and brownies all day, I was... in a questionable mood. Somewhere between delirium, peak pissy fit, and rock-crazily-in-a-corner.

"Leave the beehive outside." Daddy demanded instantly.

I narrowed my eyes. "It's a new edition for Mister Hopper's enclosure. He wanted a new place with a few more hiding spots and it's perfect." I held up the dried remains of the empty hive I'd found abandoned at the bottom of a tree. "I'm recycling. This is insect real estate. You wouldn't understand."

"That's not a good idea, boy." Nolan spoke up which was fascinating considering no one asked for his damn opinion and he was literally a stranger in Daddy and I's house! This wasn't a democracy, he had no say! None!

"Says who?"

"Me, and the parasites or diseases that probably led to the abandonment of the hive or the death of the bees in the first place, if they weren't removed by human intervention with chemicals or potent smoke first. If you want your captive cricket to live out his three months to the very end, I suggest you rethink your decision to put that in his enclosure. In other words, you don't know where it's been."

My mouth fell open and I stared dumbly at Nolan. How dare he use his brain and be smart and make me question a decision I had been perfectly happy about making ten seconds ago?! How did he even know that? I tried to find some sort of reason as to why he was wrong, completely offended to be called out on my own negligence as a self appointed bug expert and cricket dad.

But there was no argument to make. No come back that made sense. He won, again. Sexy, smart motherfucker! Ugh!

"W-well... I suppose... I'll leave it outside for now... and clean it tomorrow," I managed to sniff indignantly, opening the front door and placing the chunk of dried hive down beside the jungle gym tree - I mean branch - that was still abandoned on the porch.

"Thank you, Reu. Come here, please" Daddy praised when I was back inside, aggressively toeing off my shoes and dropping my bag beneath the coat rack. I carried Mister Hopper hesitantly into the living room, keeping him close for moral support.