Chapter Three: Silent Return

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm orange glow across the familiar landscape that had once been Isabella's home. The house stood unchanged, the memories of her past echoing through its walls. It had been weeks since she had left this place, seeking refuge in the embrace of her maternal grandparents. And now, as evening settled in, a mix of nostalgia and sorrow pulled her back to the place that was both a sanctuary and a reminder of the happiness she had lost.

As Isabella stood outside the front door, her gaze lingered on the threshold that separated her from the life she had once known. The memories surged within her—her mother's laughter, the smell of her favorite meals, the warmth of her hugs. A profound sadness settled over her, tugging at her heartstrings and threatening to engulf her.

But Isabella's resolve was unshaken. The bitterness of revenge, the fire that had been kindled within her, urged her forward. She knew what lay beyond those doors—a new family, a new life her father had chosen, leaving behind the remnants of what they had shared.

Taking a deep breath, Isabella pressed the doorbell. Time seemed to stretch as she waited, her heart pounding with a mixture of anticipation and trepidation. The door swung open, revealing a maid who greeted her with a gentle smile. Isabella knew this woman—someone who had once been a part of her daily life, a figure now distanced by the changes that had swept through her world.

"Hello, dear. You're back," the maid said kindly.

Isabella nodded, her voice a whisper. "Yes, can I come in?"

The maid stepped aside, allowing her entry. Isabella stepped over the threshold, her eyes scanning the interior. The house was different now, a reflection of a life she was no longer a part of. She felt a pang of bitterness, knowing that her father and his new family were out there somewhere, enjoying their evening without the weight of her mother's absence hanging over them.

Dismissing the maid, Isabella made her way to her mother's room. The door creaked open, revealing a space frozen in time. Her mother's presence lingered here, in every photograph, every piece of furniture, and every cherished memory. Isabella's tears flowed freely as she let herself be consumed by the waves of emotion that came crashing over her.

She collapsed onto the bed, hugging a pillow to her chest, her sobs echoing in the quiet room. The pain was raw, the loss still so fresh that it felt as though her heart had been torn from her chest. Her mother's absence was a chasm that seemed impossible to bridge.

Hours passed, and the tears finally subsiding as exhaustion took over. Isabella drifted into a restless sleep, her dreams a mix of bittersweet memories and a longing for things that could never be again.

Sometime later, the sound of a car approaching jolted her awake. She rushed to the window, peeking out to see her father's car pulling into the driveway. She watched as the doors opened, her father and his new family stepping out, their laughter and chatter a stark contrast to the heaviness in Isabella's heart.

They entered the house, their voices carrying through the walls. Isabella clenched her fists, a mixture of resentment and determination coursing through her veins. She had come here for a reason—to confront the very people who had shattered her world.

With a heavy sigh, she turned away from the window and retreated to her mother's room, finding solace in the memories that still lingered. The door creaked open once again, and this time, it was her father who stepped inside. His eyes were filled with a mixture of relief and concern, his voice a soft murmur.

"Isabella..."

She turned to face him, her gaze unwavering. "What do you want?"

Richard took a step closer, his heart heavy with the weight of his daughter's pain. "I heard you came back. I've missed you, Isabella."

A mixture of anger and sadness welled up within her. "Missed me? Just like you missed Mom?"

Richard winced, the truth of her words a painful reminder of his failures. "Isabella, I know I can never make up for what I've done. But I want to try. I want to be a part of your life again."

Isabella's eyes filled with tears, her emotions a turbulent sea. She felt the urge to scream, to unleash the torrent of pain that had been building within her. But she remained silent, her gaze never leaving her father's face.

The room was heavy with unspoken words, the air thick with the weight of the past. Richard took a step closer, reaching out tentatively as if to bridge the gap that had formed between them.

Isabella's voice was a whisper, her words carrying a mixture of grief and resolve. "You can't fix this, Dad. Nothing can bring Mom back."

Richard's shoulders slumped, his heart breaking for the pain he had caused. "I know. I wish I could change the past."

Tears streamed down Isabella's cheeks as she met her father's gaze, her voice trembling with emotion."Just go back to your wife and children and leave me alone MR Richard "

As the words hung in the air, Richard's expression shifted, a mixture of sadness and understanding. He nodded, his voice barely a whisper. "Sorry I'll leave you alone for now"

Isabella's tears fell freely as she watched her father leave the room, the door closing softly behind him. She was left alone once again, her heart heavy with the burden of her emotions and the weight of the path she had chosen.

As the sun dipped lower in the sky, casting long shadows across the room, Isabella's resolve grew stronger. She had returned to the place that had once been home, the place where memories of her mother lingered. And now, armed with a burning desire for revenge, she was ready to take her first steps on a journey that would forever change her destiny.