Chapter 3 : The Conversation

" ALL OFFF GRAND-BROOK" , Said the bus driver as they have arrived to the parking lot of the building of the college. As they arrived to the building Malik was shaken out of his deep sea sleep he took willingly on the bus . As he woke up confused and dehydrated from the mid August heat and as his body started to ache and groan from the uncomfortable yet , plush bus seats. He decided to take a moment and view from outside of the window a brief mental deep breath as He soon realized what he would have to encounter as the day furthered on . As he would see the huge and brick full building many would call a College , As his feet firmly pressed the ground and body would finally wake up to the new chapter of the day . Ad he consumed the textbook filled air , And as he felt the skin warmly yet firmly kiss his skin he felt a nostalgic feeling of stability, That he was not yet accustomed too it calmed the young man for the moment of zen that he was in."Took you long enough , Bitch ass nigga " he heard as he was taking out of his train of thought. Confusion fell on him as he couldn't make out who would say such a thing , but soon relief laid upon Malik as he realized that it was his best friend Keontae .

As the confused expression left Malik's face , it was replaced with laughter as he and Keontae would join each other in a embrace of friendship and or brother hood as many others would call a simple dap , to Him and Keontae it was much more then just a simple joining of hands for the two young black individuals. For them it was more of a reassurance of who they where not only as friends but also as a term for brother hood , " Man yo ghetto ass got these white people shook " . He said , as Malik discontinued the embrace that he and Keontae shared , Keontae could only be described by one word A " nigga " . Keontae was 6"6 240 pounds he always stayed in the gym , and he always stayed with a blunt in his pocket his excuse for it was " one blunt a day would never leave you a stray " . Anytime he would say that Malik would punch him in the arm a little . Keontae was always loud and never once strayed from sharing his opinion and speaking his mind as he pleased . Often why he would always remain in conflict amongst his friends , But even despite all that that keontae brung Malik always loved having him around and enjoyed his presence. He was the one of the rare people Malik would consider virtually anything to him as he usually was indifferent to the people he met

As Malik and Keontae would walk into the climax and depth of there day as they arrived on the university campus . Both were in a haulted state as they observed there surroundings and those who may be there peers and or classmates one day . They saw a lot of African America students which made a lot of since for a HBCU campus . As the two boys looked and observed Keontae was already damn near drooling at the mouth of the amount of black woman he had seen , Keontae was some what of a nerd back in high-school but soon god blessed him with a growth spurt and some good grills and now he feels like he is Michael B Jordan . " man do you see all this chocolate " Keontae said to Malik grinning ear to ear as his eyes never escaped from the glory that he saw that is a balck woman . " do you see this ? " Malik clapped back with as he would flash the : " 🖕🏿" at Keontae symbolizing that he didn't care all that much about what he was seeing, he was more worried about making orrentation and not intrested in engaging in meaningless conversation. " man you gotta be gay or something , all this ass and beauty around you and you worried about a orrentation you need yo be introducing yourself to some pussy ." Keontae said in a snarky ghetto tone , Malik would stare at Keontae with awkward disgust and confusion as he realized the meaningless sentence coming out of his mouth. " nigga let's get this shit over with ", Malik said barking orders at Keontae to come with him to the orientation hall . As Keontae and Malik walked into the brick surrounded building named the Orientation hall they walked in and felt out of place from what was going on in the building that they went into . Everything smelled like coco butter and Hair-store products , The other men that was in the building with them had distinguished hairstyles. Some being dread Locs others being wicks ,Freeformed dreads , Afros and obviously waves they where told to go to the desk at the far right of the room because that's where all the first years go . As they walked over to the desk Malik still tired from the day let off a big yawn that let out a horrid noise to one Mrs.Lucille. " HUSH IT UP BOY " ! She snapped at him with malice and annoyance gaining in her voice . " Now I don't got too much time for you to be screeching like a god damn door without grease " she said in a country tone , mrs.Lucille was a thought old black country lady , she always was quick with her words and never holding back from saying her mind her things she would have on her mind she always tell the student me who came to Orientation hall "her skin was tough and her mouth was slick she loved to cook her fav meal to cook it's gritz and don't think it's sweet and don't get slick " she would always say .