Chapter 4 :Anticipation

As the day would continue and Malik and his friend kontae would go on to dorm room registration, Malik's mind still was filled with anticipation and reminiscing about the conversation he had with that sun glazed queen in the library. [ Amara ] he said in his head over and over as he would go thru out the day . He was so caught up about the moment him and Amara shared he even began to smile and chuckle a bit throughout out the day as images from the conversation sparked thru out his brain . Keontae who was very hungry at the time and fed up with this consitpated ass look on Malik's face began to get annoyed and gave Malik a sharp side eye , " nigga the fuck got you so damn jittery ? ", Keontae said snappingly at malik, Malik who was now confused and confronted by his best friend looked at Keontae with a puzzled look on his face , soon confusion turned into annoyance and Malik spike firmly " nigga none of yo damn bidness " . Both now looking at one another like a teacher when u speak out of term at one another then chuckled and snarkled a bit to avoid conflict and further on confusion.

" Nigga I'm hungry " They both said in unison, As they both heard the rumble of there stomachs they decided to get hit a burger shack with there bags and other items they gathered throughout the day . Malik would get a triple cheese burger with extra tomato and avocado with a ass load of fries just as he liked it , and Keontae would get a steak burger with tator tots on the side which is usually what Malik's mom would make them when she was around . " you ever think about her ?" Keontae said sipping his peach lemonade in a sincere tone, Malik who then looked up from his plate confused from the question then took a pause to answer . " Not one bit . " he said seriously to leave no interpretation that he missed his mother in any sort of way possible, it's not that Malik hated his mom I mean for god sake what man would hate his own mother , I mean outside of Eminem ofc but at the same time of him not hating his mother it didn't necessarily like his mother that odd relationship would sting him for time to come throughout his life .

As Malik and Keontae would finish there meal , Keontae asked a question to Malik , " yo lik ? ,You ever find out who you droning with , they saying because of too many people they gon cross gender dorm rooming . To avoid extra people sleeping on the streets " , " No ...why? " Malik responded in a low confused and concerned tone. As Keontae would blabber on about his usually dribble about how it would be easy to get a notch on his belt or something to that affect , all that was soon drowned about by the realization and hope that he and Amara can be paired together . His eyes soon followed the envelope like a movie when it's in its patterned slow motion scenes ,...the hands on his fingers tingling as he went in his book bag searching for the paper 📄 that would soon show who he would be sharing dorm rooms with

As he took a deep breath to counter the anxiety that he felt looking at that envelope.., he swallowed that huge lump of anticipation in his throat and decided to move his fingered across the seem, to separate the envelope from the paper . As he unfoleded the paper and his eyes gazed across the words in bold print he saw the words clear as day

Your dorm room mate will be :

To be continued