Ch. 17: Are You My Ally?

Suffering leaps out of the lupo's sword's range. In immediate succession, she dashes forward, circling around Texas and to her downed motorcycle.

Pulling the box open, the groceries spilled out of their bags. Suffering pulls out a small crossbow from below the grocery bags, swinging her arm, aiming at the lupo behind her.

Texas bends her shoulder back, dodging the bolt.

Suffering fires two bolts left. Texas ducks to avoid the first bolt, and lunges towards the other bolt. The tip spins on its way to her and tears through her jacket.

Pulling everything out of the box, Suffering stands up with her grenade launcher now in hand, firing an explosive round.

Texas dives down, rolling and jumping up on the liberi. Suffering blocks her blade with her fixed bayonet.

Texas twitches her blade but Suffering adjusts hers instantly, before the former could slide her weapon out.

"You knew..." Suffering huffed.

Texas keeps trying to free her blade from her bayonet. "Someone holding a position as high as you? It would have been more believable if it was me playing defenseless."

The lupo ducks down as Suffering squeezed the trigger, firing another round through where Texas's head was a moment ago.

Texas swipes Suffering's feet off the ground, but the latter flips in the air and lands a good three meters behind Texas.

The lupo's sword darts toward the liberi, with her back still turned. It clanks, with the sound of a forcefield being hit, the sword spins upwards into the air after being deflected, its velocity instantly broken.

"Made it just in time, huh?" Mostima smiled at the liberi holding a gaping angered look towards her.

"WHAT THE HELL?!"-

Suffering's fuming voice shut up as Texas reactivated her swords.

Mostima stares at the lupo for a moment, and looks at Suffering.

"You and I know... I would rather not make Lemuen sad again." Mostima says with her eyes smiling as well.

The blue haired sankta then faces Texas. "What's the deal?"

"The Doctor wants to see you." Texas said. "You're not getting away now, eitherway."

"Believe me, that is not what I'm trying to do here." Mostima assures her, knowing Texas may not be buying that at all.

"Then drop your weapons on the ground. Now." Texas orders her, intending to strike at a few moments of hesitation.

Mostima does stood still, though she takes the staff case off. She then turns around, facing Liskarm just in time as she is about to blind her. Liskarm misses the timing and her arts sparks an explosion in front of her shield, she grunted as she fell down in shock.

Mostima turns to Texas again, casting her arts. Texas dodges the exploding light and lunges forward.

Suffering gets up and dashes in between the two, crossing her fixed bayonet with Texas's blade once more. The two push against each other.

Texas slides her sword down and gives Suffering a solid blow to her face. Greythroat shoots Suffering's launcher out of her grip.

Liskarm crawls until she can sit on the ground, taking notice of Mostima watching closely in front of her. She glares at the caster's blank expression. "Stop resisting already...!"

"I don't even get it." Mostima uttered curiously.

Liskarm gasps for air, snatching her pistol off the ground. Mostima kicks her hand back, dropping the gun farther away.